Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rt-700 Please Tell Me I Made The Right Decision!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My RT-680 had issues after a couple of years, but I have had the RT-700 for about a year and a half, and it has been working great! Customer service has generally been excellent.

Comment

They have a tremendous following, people that have them love them, just as importantly, they are supposed to have terrific customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by RAGBBQ View Post
        My RT-680 had issues after a couple of years, but I have had the RT-700 for about a year and a half, and it has been working great! Customer service has generally been excellent.
        Good to know you are happy with it. I am hoping it hold Temps better than my Traeger does. A slight breeze it it's worst enemy and it doesn't seem to get much above 300 anymore. My back patio is covered but it still gets breezy back there some days.

Comment

• RAGBBQ
          RAGBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          One of the issues with my old 680 was holding temps. Adjusting the feed rate did not help. I had spoken to Ron Cundy a couple of years ago, and he thought it was the auger. After a while, the 700 was acting up a bit on this issue, but I adjusted the feed rate and it is working great.

I have the Rec Tec RT-340 "Trailblazer" for nearly three years now and really like it (I reserve the word Love for very special people and things). It is my first and only pellet cooker and I can't imagine one that would work any better. I say you made the right decision!

Comment

I upgraded to a rt700 from a Traeger a year-and-a-half ago, Improvement in every way, great quality you won't regret it

Comment

Mickslick Glad you like yours! I've never seen one but everyone that has one sure seems to love the built quality. Unfortunately I am still waiting on mine to arrive. The shipping company told me they were 9-10 days behind unloading the trucks and mine has been sitting in Portland since the 10th waiting to be unloaded. Waiting for a new toy is rough!!

Comment

As a certified MCS enabler.... you done good!

Disclaimer - I am required to say that about ALL new cooker purchases. Also, go get a pbc,pbc, pbc.

Comment

• SmokeyNate
                SmokeyNate commented
                Editing a comment
                BFlynn Thanks! LOL yes I have a PBC too and love it.

I have the 700 and the Matador and love both. You will be amazed at what you can cook on either one.

Comment

Finally! After ordering it on the 26th of November, it arrived last night. Now to run it through it paces. It came well packaged and strapped securely to a pallet. Sure seems to be well made compared to my old Traeger. The light inside is genius! Assembly took me over an hour but it went together fairly easy. The directions had to be downloaded and it wasn't really clear which bolts went were but it was pretty easy to figure out. The built quality is top notch and I am happy with my decision for sure.
                Attached Files

Comment

• KarchyBBQ
                  KarchyBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks great! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it. Did you get the additional shelf with it too? I like the Rt-700 but don’t like that the second shelf isn’t built in.

• SmokeyNate
                  SmokeyNate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, I didn't get it yet. Like you I wish it would slide right in instead of being free standing though. I might buy it later if I think I need the capacity.

Congratulations!

Comment

Was that the light or did the Christmas star land on your grill?

Congratulations!

Comment

• SmokeyNate
                    SmokeyNate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah that thing is bright! 😀

I'm on the fence about getting one. Hope you are enjoying it.

Comment

I had one for about 2-3 years before I caught the stick burning bug. I loved it. A good friend of mine inherited it and has become a full convert from exclusively grilling with gas.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here