Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rt-700 Please Tell Me I Made The Right Decision!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rt-700 Please Tell Me I Made The Right Decision!

I get on the Recteq website yesterday and they are offering a free Matador with the purchase of an RT-700 pellet grill! Sooo……I quickly pulled trigger and bought it. This morning I am hoping I made the right decision. Help me out here, I bought a good one for my around 1k price range right???

I have been doing research on a pellet grill purchase for a couple of months and am replacing a small Traeger I have had for about 10 years and wanted something built better that had more capacity. I’ve looked at several but the Recteq look like a nice on given the amount of stainless steel they use.

Don't have any experience myself. However, folks here who have them seem to love them. Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

I have had the RT-700 for about a year and a half. See my avatar. Love it in all ways. It’s been flawless. I use it two to three times a week. I have nine cookers and it’s by far the one I use the most. Cooked the turkey on it yesterday in fact. Turned out really great too.

I saw the sale with the free Matador. My heart sank as that is one type of cooker I do not have. Your decision will serve you well I have no doubt. With the Matador, a no brainer in my opinion.

Comment

Yup! I know nothing of the cooker, but I trust yer instincts. Obviously this has been on the back burner of yer mind fer some time. It is a good company. You WILL love it. Do me a favor though, cook some wibs on it fer me.

Comment

I have had a Rec Tec 680 for 6 years and we love it. Too many 15 hour briskets (I usually put it on at 11 pm, load it with pellets and let it go through the night) to count and the Rec Tec has performed flawlessly. I have had to call customer service twice, once when the interior temp appeared to have an error, two days later I had a new board. Another time my movers broke the handle on the side, I was prepared to pay for it but customer service said they would send a new one for free which I had in 2 days. My wife has used it many times because it is so easy to use. She has done meatloaf, salmon, pulled pork and spaghetti. I don't know much about the Matador but it does look interesting, let us know what you think. If something happened I would get another Rec Tec immediately. Good luck!

Comment

• SmokeyNate
            SmokeyNate commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info. Have you ever had any problems with trusting it all night unattended?

• Redwng
            Redwng commented
            Editing a comment
            I have left it all night probably 8 times and it was the same temp in the morning.

oh bad decision...... for every pellet pooper bought, the terrorists win.

Comment

Originally posted by Jfrosty27 View Post
            I have had the RT-700 for about a year and a half. See my avatar. Love it in all ways. It’s been flawless. I use it two to three times a week. I have nine cookers and it’s by far the one I use the most. Cooked the turkey on it yesterday in fact. Turned out really great too.

I saw the sale with the free Matador. My heart sank as that is one type of cooker I do not have. Your decision will serve you well I have no doubt. With the Matador, a no brainer in my opinion.
            Thanks for the info! Good to know! I love the convenience of the pellet grill and plan on using it multiple times a week like I did my old one.

Comment

Ive had the 680 for 5-6 years you did not make a mistake. Never timed it but it will run at least 12 hour's without refilling pellets. Ran a few allnighters.

Comment

I have also had the 680 for 6 plus years. Don't regret it at all. You will enjoy the 700.

Comment

Had it for 3 years. Love it. Great customer service.

Comment

• bbqLuv
                    bbqLuv commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great Customer service. 3 years old. Did you need customer service?

• Bumby
                    Bumby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not savvy with putting things together so needed their help to figure it out and there were a few screws missing, etc. They were great.

Good to know all. Thanks for the input. I'm feeling much more comfortable about it today and looking forward to getting it up and running.

Comment

I’m sure you’ll love it. You never hear many complaints from from owners, so they’re either pretty good or their intimidation tactics work.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                      Editing a comment
                      they moderate their FB page (and have mods on a few other groups like Reddit) with a heavy hand. Not sure why, they are a very good value pellet grill, but I just don't like how they won't allow bad/negative comments about their product. The customer service is supposedly really good, so why not just publicly show how great it is instead of deleting posts. That's what drove me in a different direction when I made my purchase.

You have been using a Traeger for 10 years and up graded to RT-700.
                    Are you having buyers remorse? Give it a few cooks and post a review.
                    That is my suggestion.

RT-700 looks impressive on their web sight. Customer reviews are high rating.
                    Last edited by bbqLuv; November 29, 2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

You got it just in the nick of time, the Matadors are gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
                        You got it just in the nick of time, the Matadors are gone!
                        I have an RT 700 and I am pleased with most aspects of the RecTeq company. I was prepared to buy a Matador for outdoor deep frying. When I called to discuss the cooker and place an order, the tech told me that the Matador burner is a bit anemic and not well suited to deep frying. I appreciated his honesty. I suspect that is the reason for the add-on to the RT 700 purchase. If there is an updated version of the Matador with a more robust burner, I'll order one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here