Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah I got another grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a newer version of the Bull?

Comment

• RAGBBQ
      RAGBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. Completely different grill

reverse sear with Grill Grates

Click image for larger version

Name:	FC1A7194-C44A-428A-8149-CCD764A8FD1F.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	934207Click image for larger version

Name:	3B94E801-6C73-4F23-B3C1-178F768B14A3.jpeg
Views:	303
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	934206

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Reverse sear. You done Good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_121803.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	934250

Comment

How's it do on long low & slows? I know the first version they came out with was a fail according to Max's tests, for multiple quality control reasons. I also know they reworked it, but have never heard any firsthand experience with the new one regarding low & slow.

Comment

• W.A.
        W.A. commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m probably not gonna try low and slow. I have the Rec Teq 590 Stampede for that. That grill is awesome with wifi

Love the RT-700 Bull for low and slow.

Comment

W.A. Well the RT-380 Bullseye is back in stock. Really considering it. You’ve had yours for a few weeks now. Pros? Cons?

How is pellet consumption at searing temps?
        How long to get up to searing temp?
        What can it do that my RT-700 cannot to besides searing?
        Additional thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the prompt reply. Really helpful info. 👍
          Now, I need to finalize my story for the wifey. 🤷‍♂️

• DavidNorcross
          DavidNorcross commented
          Editing a comment
          Jfrosty27 curious did you purchase the RT-380?

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          DavidNorcross No I did not buy it. Decided not for me.

W.A. Can you give us an update on this please? What is your view after a couple of more months?

I am doing some research on it for my son since he is thinking about buying one for relatives. It would replace a Weber kettle with the primary mission of steaks, wings, and whole beef tenderloins.

Does it have a grease management system? Do you put a disposable pan in it to catch grease?

Comment

• W.A.
          W.A. commented
          Editing a comment
          I like it OK. I find i need to prime the burn pot more often than I thought I would. The management system is a high heat burn off called Riot Mode. You definitely can add a pan underneath for stuff like bacon or brisket.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here