Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 4 years with my Rec Tec, l got to test the warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 4 years with my Rec Tec, l got to test the warranty

So after almost 4 years and over a ton of pellets I got to test the warranty. My fan slowed down at about 280 degrees, it was slipping on the motor shaft. I called the hot line at 8:00pm Arizona time which was probably 10:00 pm the it time. I was treated with courtesy, respect and genuine concern for my problem. He had me run a simple test at which time we determined it was a fan. He took my information down & is shipping me a new fan tomorrow. This was a short run of fans they had a problem with & sent them out preemptively to everyone they thought had these a few years ago. Not an issue anymore. Who else is going to help you at this late hour. That my friends is top notch customer service way above the call of duty.
    Last edited by BBQ Bill Wyko; May 30, 2015, 02:42 PM.

Please share your positive experience on our REC TEC review page.

Comment

I'll have to copy it on my computer, copy/paste isn't available on my phone. Thanks

Comment

BBQ Bill Wyko I did 2 PBs and 2 chuckles with the Rec Tec last weekend and I was very impressed
        Last edited by DWCowles; May 30, 2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

It's always good to hear not only when a manufacturer not only stands by its product but also when it goes the extra mile in polite, helpful customer service. Thanks for the info, BBQ Bill Wyko . Have fun firing up that RecTec again after the new fan is installed.

Kathryn

Comment

Here we are 3 days later , the fan is here along with scream'n pig rub & a couple silicon brushes for my troubles. Shipped 2nd day so I could be ready for the weekend. Customer service at it's finest in my book. I just have to say, if a pellet grill is in your future, you just won't find a more cost effective, accurate, well built best darned customer serviced pellet grill. Before I bought this one, I did days of research and couldn't find a better one. Now that I've had mine for almost 4 years, I still 100% believe I was right from the beginning. I did your research, I've done the tests for years on it. This is the one to get. I love the grill, I love the service and above all, it makes awesome food every single time.

Comment

So now I'm 7 years into my Rec Tec and it still working perfectly. Making a pork butt tomorrow & home made maple bacon too. I now have 6 rec tec's including a new 700, love the new controller, put one on my 680 too. I love these things. I should just turn my oven into another kitchen cabinet, it just stores pots and pans anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Bill Wyko View Post
                So now I'm 7 years into my Rec Tec and it still working perfectly. Making a pork butt tomorrow & home made maple bacon too. I now have 6 rec tec's including a new 700, love the new controller, put one on my 680 too. I love these things. I should just turn my oven into another kitchen cabinet, it just stores pots and pans anyway.
                Yeah! I'd say your a huge fan! Great to hear they are working out for you. Thanks for your continued support to AR!

Comment

Absolutely! I wouldn't be the pit master I am without Amazing ribs.

Comment

Your whole story is nothin but three thumbs up! 👍👍👍 🕶

Afterthought, where’s some pics of some food? We’re not goin to let ya off that easy!

Comment

• jgreen
                      jgreen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      +1

• Fire Art
                      Fire Art commented
                      Editing a comment
                      + another 1

We love stories of great customer service.

Comment

I've owned my Rec Tec for nearly 5 years and have had to replace the igniter rod, the blower fan, and most recently the auger motor. It also is peeling like crazy despite being housed in my garage. I figure as much as I've used it over the years, the moving parts are bound to give out eventually. Each and every call to Rec Tec has been fantastic, however. They promptly ship the part with no questions asked after giving them the details. Now I think I'm in love with their new BFG. If only I can convince the better half...

Comment

That BFG is nice, if you need that much cooking space. Sounds like your current cooker will run out of warranty one of these days, then you'll just have to go for it. Just curious, how often have you used the Rec Tec, and what model?

Comment

Originally posted by treesmacker View Post
                          That BFG is nice, if you need that much cooking space. Sounds like your current cooker will run out of warranty one of these days, then you'll just have to go for it. Just curious, how often have you used the Rec Tec, and what model?
                          I’m preparing for that conversation with my wife in regards to the BFG purchase. We do lots of family & friend entertainment to warrant a larger grill. Plus, I’m close to retirement so what’s better than having fun trying new recipes? I have about a year left on my current Rec Tec warranty since it is for 6 years. I have what I believe is the first available Rec Tec 680 grill. It WAS a beautiful looking beast with the orange hood and shiny bull horns, but now is well broken-in. I have used it year-round for the past 5 years, especially nearly daily in the summer months. I’m a huge fan of the company as I own a Matador as well that I’m looking forward to using more.

Comment

• treesmacker
                            treesmacker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great! Thanks for the info. I too am a fan of Rec Tec, though I only have the little Trailblazer, which is perfect because usually i just cook for my wife and I. I've been eyeballing the Matador also, but just don't know how to justify cooking for just the two of us most of the time. Maybe they need to make a Matador Jr.

• jcarbok2
                            jcarbok2 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It is really amazing to see the growth of the company over the years. When I initially ordered mine, I remember getting the personal business cards of Ray & Ron - a nice touch. The matador is huge, yet versatile. It wouldn't surprise me if they made a smaller one. They surely have upped their game.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here