Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated RT - 380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated RT - 380

Hope this link works, Great improvements.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#in...WHqGwztCDqmttC

LOL maybe I should stick to commenting on you guys post. Did not intend to show my email. Maybe a mod can fix it. Sorry I do not start a post enough to do it correctly.
    Last edited by randy56; May 21, 2020, 08:04 PM.

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased this unit and what your feedback is? My dad's previous pellet grill bit the dust and he purchased this one to replace it. After I looked it over, I think he made a great decision and am curious if anyone has experience with any of the accessories made for the 22" kettles? i.e. rotisserie.....

Comment

Priced right.

Comment

Hi group! I purchased one. Let me say I have a 6 year old rusted out needing replacement Camp Chef PG24 DLX smoker and a Webber Copperhead Kettle. Charcoal I can cook on but I mostly prefer the PG24 as it was just easier. Well since the PG24 was at 10% lifespan left I saw this RecTeq Bullseye and thought is gets to 750 degrees? That would be a replacement for the sear burner on my PG24. It has full temperature control? That's good. I can achieve high temps and cook with the lid open? Well that is interesting.
        After my first day of using this thing I decided to get rid of the Weber as well as the Camp Chef. I don't need them. This thing is a game changer in my mind. Only thing I would like to see is a setting to run at 160-ish degrees. I found the lowest temps to be about 200-225. A bit too high to smoke my salmon. Thus far I have done veggies, smoked wings, and shrimp. Having steaks this evening. Loving it !!
        Last edited by morganjim; May 1, 2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Well tonight I did some 2" thick Prime NY Strips. Came out good though cooked faster than I anticipated. Ran the thing up to 750 degrees in riot mode thinking I'd get a good sear. I did not, sadly. Don't get me wrong - the steaks were superb even though cooked above the medium or med rare I'd have liked. So I guess I'll need to try some grill grates which are a $100+ option. That is a little sad. I still like this thing and i'll rack it up to a learning curve.

Comment

Did steaks a second time.......... used a cast iron pan and riot mode. Cooked quickly, seared perfect, and I'm amazed. Smoked some veggies at 200 for a =bout 3 hours in a cast iron pan. Were perfectly smoked and soft without being overly cooked. Al I need now is a good recipe for some kind of infused butter of some kind.

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds awesome. Love to see some pics

Originally posted by morganjim View Post
            Did steaks a second time.......... used a cast iron pan and riot mode. Cooked quickly, seared perfect, and I'm amazed. Smoked some veggies at 200 for a =bout 3 hours in a cast iron pan. Were perfectly smoked and soft without being overly cooked. Al I need now is a good recipe for some kind of infused butter of some kind.
            your second go sounds perfect!
            Question: How long does it take to go full up riot?
            Looking for a single unit pellet grill that I can reverse sear on....thick steaks at 225 and smoke until about 110 internal and then go full loud and sear finish.
            Thank you for the follow up post on it...sounds great.
            Scott

Comment

• morganjim
              morganjim commented
              Editing a comment
              I would guess about 10 minutes or so. NOT a big deal at all. I use my weber kettle as a holding cell. Put the steaks in a plate and on the weber with the lid on it. Best outdoor cabinet made.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here