Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget constraint debacle. Need input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Great solution! Kettle & RT.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Or a PBC.

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats on the RT-700. You're going to love it.

• jtyoder
    replied
    Thanks for all the input everyone. Push came to shove as my COS is rusting to pieces, so I used my stimulus money and ordered the RT-700. It gets delivered tomorrow! I will likely pick up a Weber kettle for those short or high temp cooks. Pics to come!

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I have read alot about the Masterbuilt gravity feed. You might want to check that out.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    Does it have to be a pellet pooper, and does it have to be one unit?

Leave a comment:

• tenphases
    replied
    A Pellet grill, that can do high heat sear in that price range. A 36 inch camp chef woodwind with sidekick and wifi is the same price and size as the rt 700. Except that it comes with a sidekick which has a ton of funtionality including searing capabilities...... . The other hand rec tecs are great......im no help smh
    Last edited by tenphases; April 25, 2020, 07:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bogy
    commented on 's reply
    On the last one, I used my Weber Genesis a lot with a smoke box before I got my pellet burner. Only recommendation I have is that if you are doing low and slow indirect cooking of fatty butts etc, make sure the grease is actually draining and not building up. Or you too can have a fireball instead of a grill. Got so hot it burned the propane hose and I had not just a grease fire, but a propane torch. But it will do the job.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to hear about your gas. I think they make a pill for that....

Agree with the kettle.

• radshop
    replied
    We need more details to help you out here, friend.
    • First, ditching the COS is a good choice - you'll be glad you did.
    • Are you committed to a pellet cooker? If so I don't have much to add - never had one.
    • How much food do you need to cook all at once?
    • If you are really just trying to find a good all-in-one solution for both slow and long cooks, there are tons of great options much cheaper. Such as (just from personal experience):
    • Kettle with SNS
    • PK Grill (I have the original but wish I had a 360)
    • The Weber Genesis propane grill is incredibly versatile for grilling and smoking

Leave a comment:

• Bogy
    replied
    If you haven't made a decision yet, I'd recommend taking another look at Grilla. From what I see on Facebook, they are delivering again. However, instead of Nate's suggestion, if you want something that looks cool, that also works reasonably well for faster, hotter cooks, have you looked at the Original Grilla? Depends on much room you really need. I have a Blaz'n Grid Iron where I spend most of my time, because I occasionally cook for my congregations. I like it, but it takes a while to warm up. Bigger grill, more metal, longer warm up. My OG is at our vacation home, and I miss it for the times it's just the two of us, and I want to do some quick burgers or steaks. The OG will heat up as fast as my Weber Genesis gasser, and the design really delivers on smoke flavor. Might not be up to stick burner smoke, but it's pretty good. And while it does not have the capacity of the Grid Iron or an RT-700, it'll cook for 15-20 members of my family. And there's nothing else that looks like it.

Leave a comment:

• JCGrill
    replied
    I don't know, I have gas, pellets, and a Weber Kettle. If I was budget conscious and wanted something that can do both long and fast cooks, I would probably pick the kettle.

Leave a comment:

• GroceryBoy
    commented on 's reply
    I also have the RT-680. Great machine but it is definitely not for high temp cooks. Great on low-n-slow & smokes. As durable a grill made today. Also GREAT customer service! I also have the Weber Charcoal Summit (WCSG). That is by far the most my versatile grill. If I only had 1 grill, the WCSG would be it. Check out Baby Back Manics YouTube review.

• RAGBBQ
    replied
    I love my RT-700 for low and slow and medium temperature cooks. If I have to sear something, I use my WSCGC. Charcoal grills sear so much faster and better for me. The 700 takes forever to get up to 500 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• TJMagneto
    commented on 's reply
    Unfortunately GG is closed due to present circumstances.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here