Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rectec video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectec video

watched video on rectec site and they say heavy or thick walled pellet smokers are inefficcent.looks like they are easy to clean also.any opinions on their pellet smoker versus a yoder?thanks cookinjack

Didn't see that particular video, but I've heard the comment. As I recall, the assertion is that thick walled pellets take a longer time and more fuel to bring up to set temp. However, by the same logic, once the set temp is achieved, would not the thick walled smoke box retain heat better and use less fuel while cooking?

Both REC TEC and Yoder are high quality. Different price points and some different features. Check our reviews.

Comment

i have 3 webers.2 gas with smokers and a bullet.maybe someday a pellet smoker for convenience rectec says the thicker smokers are harder to keep temp with pellets.are the yoders pellet hogs?thanks.cookinjack

Comment

that REALLY does not make sense. simple thermodynamics tells you heat is radiated by large dense masses once they are heated, they radiate the heat back. heck, any kind in Texas can tell you that in summertime. I REALLY need to find myself a local welding type person. I want to make my Kitchen Sink Smoker!

Comment

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          It does make some sense. The key words, as you say, are "once they are heated." Modern PID type controllers try to anticipate how changing the pellet supply (and sometimes fan) will affect the pit temp so it can keep the temp constant. Large masses react more slowly to the changes, so it's harder to predict the outcome. If there's an overshoot, it can take a long time to come back to temp (just ask a Big Green Egg/Kamado owner).

anyone have any proof of the claim?are yoder pellet smokers .pellet hogs?

Comment

article at bbq beat says the heavier the metal the better............seems you have to use quality pellets for smoke flavor

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here