Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the pit have a Rec Tec BFG??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in the pit have a Rec Tec BFG??

Does anyone here currently own(or have cooked on) one of the BFG's from Rec Tec? Looks to be in the range of what I might look for in my next pellet grill but with it being so new I wondered how it was working for people. I've read some other sites that states they have been having some temp control issues. Obviously, I'm sure there will be issues with the new size but wanted to reach out to a current owner before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance!

There is one You Tube video by Sous Que Cooking that goes over the grill in general. You may want to check it out, although one video isn’t enough to base an important decision like this. Good luck and take your time.

Comment

Did you buy? I have the BFG.
      Attached Files

Comment

• BigD
        BigD commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey edburrow. No, I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Hoping to make my decision soon. What are your overall thoughts on the BFG? Any big issues you have came across yet? I'd love to get some insight from people who have actually operated it since most of the stuff on the internet is straight from Rec-Tec.

• randy56
        randy56 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there 16 butts on there?

No, I did not buy one. I own the RT-700 Bull, which is plenty big enough for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here