Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Wyldside owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Wyldside owner

My take on the new Wyldside by. Rec Tec grills. First off, the packaging, is is very solid with no damage and comes on a pallet. Yet cut a few straps and it all lifts off very easily. As far as assembly goes, it was so easy that I did it with a free harbor freight flashlight, a porch light, a screw gun and a pair of players. But definitely get some help moving it, it's shipping weight is 340lbs. Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the grill. I have to start right off by saying, this thing is built like a tank and has many creative, useful ideas. Right away I noticed, it doesn't just have a fan to blow on your coals. It has a chamber that encompass's the entire coal bed with holes all the way around to stoke your fire evenly. This helps prevent hot spots on your cooking area. There's also a warming chamber with a stainless steel rack below the fire chamber, great idea. I burned a full firestarter in it last night, in the picture you can see the difference of the fan off and on. Another thing is all the rock solid stainless steel everywhere. The welds are strong and should last a lifetime. One more thing I realized is, this thing will hold a bunch of wood or charcoal, you can really build one helluva bed of coals. The steel plate in the bottom must weigh 30 lbs or more. I give this thing ☆☆☆☆☆ star badassery seal of approval. I'll be cooking on it tonight, I'll be back with that tomorrow. As I had mentioned in a previous post, you can buy one of these bad boys with a monthly payment that's less than a night out for dinner, and you get to play with fire. Win, win. So imho, you just can't go wrong here. I now have 6 Rec Tec grills, all rock solid and last. 6 year warranty on many of them and the best damn customer service on the planet. That's it for now, gotta get to work. I'll be back with a review of the cook. Until then, grill on!.
    Attached Files

Six Rec Tec Grills, what a herd! Congrats on including this one with the bunch. It's a beaut.

Kathryn

Comment

Very cool Santa Maria style cooker. Wish I could afford one

Comment

Lucky YOU!

Comment

That's a good lookin hunk o' metal.

Comment

That is very nice.

Comment

I just ordered one and it will be here next week. I'm really looking forward to cooking on this grill.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to the Pit!

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to The Pit.

Nice, Indeed...

Lookin forward to more pics, Please...

Comment

Congrats on the new grill. Looking forward to you putting her through the paces.

Comment

I am a fellow Recteq owner. And now I am totally jealous! SIX of them? Wow. And yours even serve cocktails! I need to step up my game. Congrats on the new one.

Comment

Congratulations!
                    How often do you have to replace the tequila dispenser?

Comment

I own a RT-700 Bull. Good to know the WyldSide is well built too! Have fun...

Comment

She’s a beaut Bill! Now fer Comanche git yer Fanny over to the interduce yerself section of affairs & dewit proper like. Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here