Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uneven Temps in Rec Tec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uneven Temps in Rec Tec?

got a Stampede (590?) and the original lid didn’t fit right, got a replacement and the 2nd has the same issue. Using infrared temp gun, one side, with proper fit of lid has temp 20 degrees higher than set, the side with poor fit lid, I rigged aluminum foil to lessen the gap>>> now it’s 50 too low.

Only thing I can figure is the airflow is messed up? Perhaps the lid is supposed be offset? Haven’t talked to Rec Tec yet, but when I notified them of the misfit lid, they sent me a new one.
    anyone had a similar experience???

How did this end up?

Comment

They just sent me a new auger motor, which I have yet to install. This is after installing a new Controller and RTD. I appreciate you asking, and will keep you posted.

Comment

Oops, sorry, I realize that your questions may have not been for me, but I also have been having temp issues on my RT 680. You can see above the steps so far. Been going on for a while now.

Comment

Customer service had me slow down auger speed, and let it run an hour to recalibrate. It def got better. Since then it seems to have gotten a little out of line again. The exhaust side simply runs a bit hotter

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here