Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bull RT-700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they are both great grills! You have options! I love the wi-fi on the Rec Tec.

Comment

A little late to the Bull 700 discussion, but I have had mine for a year and I love it. It holds temperature without much variability, the wifi works great and is convenient, and the pellet consumption is reasonable given the size. My only recommendation is to upgrade to the competition cart. I did see recently (I think?) a change to the legs. However, given the weight, the competition cart makes the grill sturdier and allows for easy maneuvering.

I have burned hundreds of pounds of pellets already because I use it at least a few times a week. From salmon filet for mid-week dinner to Thanksgiving turkey to slow and low Texas-style brisket, the Bull will bring it.

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Good news for those wanting a Bull. I just received an eMail from them...
        "That's why we're introducing a new and improved Bull RT-700, with modified legs that provide a more aggressive stance than its predecessor. The Bull offers the precision craftsmanship and quality components that REC TEC Grills' customers have grown accustomed to.

In short, the RT-700 Bull is the true "King of the Mountain" in the pellet grill industry... The best part?

It's STILL just $1,199 with FREE shipping!"

Yo Pit Dawgs... my favorite piece of meat is a nicely seared NY strip. My typical NY is either 2 and 2 on my Weber gas at 650 or if I’m entertaining and want to show off a cross cross grill mark, 1-2-1. We’ll I’d seen folks smoking a NY so thought I’d give it a try. I cooked two prime beauties from Costco- one my normal way on the Weber and one on the Bull. I smoked the one at 225 for 40 minutes then immediately put it on the Weber at 650 for 1 and 1. I let them both rest, covered in foil for 15 and then sliced. The wife preferred the Weber cook but I thought the Bull’s NY was so much better. It was slightly smoked, still had a bit of chew to it but much more tender. It still had all the flavor of a NY and tenderness was somewhere between a NY and filet. I just liked the red, smoked look and texture of it. It is for sure my new preferred method of cooking my NY’s now. Sorry but forgot to take pics. Anyway, give it a try.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here