Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Rec Tec- The Bullseye- replaces Rec Tec Mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rec Tec- The Bullseye- replaces Rec Tec Mini

Rec Tec announced the Bullseye pellet grill today and looks like they have discontinued the Rec Tec Mini. The Bullseye has a very unique design for a pellet grill and a $399 price point ($100 less than Rec Tec mini).

Pretty cool little unit at a good price point. Surprised to see the dial controller. Be interesting to hear from someone who gets one of these.

Comment

I’m sure curious!

Comment

I’m seriously thinking.

Comment

I just got the ok from Boss (Wife) order placed!

Comment

I'm curious if a Kettle Pizza would fit on that...

Comment

• Potkettleblack
              Potkettleblack commented
              Editing a comment
              I think most kettle accessories will fit on it. Will it work with a kettle pizza is another question entirely. Pellets aren’t charcoal.

Originally posted by CowboyScott View Post
            Rec Tec announced the Bullseye pellet grill today and looks like they have discontinued the Rec Tec Mini. The Bullseye has a very unique design for a pellet grill and a $399 price point ($100 less than Rec Tec mini).
            And the $399 price point includes shipping.

Looks like it is both a smoker and a real grill. Same size as a Weber kettle.

Looking forward to Max Good 's review.

Comment

Wow. You guys are my idols!

Comment

Disappointed they discontinued the mini. It was a great little pellet grill. I'm interested in seeing how this goes over.

Comment

• DWCowles
                  DWCowles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The mini is still on their website.

• Dr ROK
                  Dr ROK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, but when you go to the link, it says it's been discontinued.

It is a little bit larger than the Mini, analog controls, but do not see a cover for it. 22" wide will allow for the Mini 2nd shelf and possibly even the Hovergrill. Very nice unit!

Comment

That might fit nicely on my deck. 22.9” x 38” smaller than a Grilla

Comment

Definitely interested in REC TEC Bullseye. They're just getting the first shipment in now and pre-orders will be going out.

Comment

Interesting, not sure about controls? Used to keep price point down? Can’t wait to see them in action, but not sure It does anything my Kettle can’t do. I think it is a great price though!

Comment

I've been following Rec Tec's videos the owner has been putting out. Looks like this model was made in order to bridge the gap to pellets for the everyday gas griller. They specifically went with a dial feeder control to not only keep the price point down, but to also make it familiar (turn a nob and it gets hotter) to someone who only has ever used a gas grill.

As for the discontinuation of the Mini, it looks like they will be coming out with a new model before the end of the year called the "trailblazer" that will take the mini's spot. It's still pretty hush hush as to the specific details of this new model, but I'm anxious to see what the differences and new features might be over the mini.

Comment

This Bullseye is not a Mini replacement. It is a new grill line. There is another grill coming out soon to replace the mini. Looks like they will be launching 3 to 4 new grills in the near future. Rec Tec is taking the pellet world by storm...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here