Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new RecTec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marauderer
    replied
    This shows the four bolts that hold on the control box
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5913-M.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	15509
    This shows the connector for the auger and the blower. Lots of extra cable

Name:	DSCF5914-M.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	15510

I then tucked the excess cable back into the box.

Name:	DSCF5915-M.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	15511

I then mounted the handles and there was some movement in the holes so with the lid closed lifting up I took out the excess playand tightened them up

Name:	DSCF5916-M.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	15512

Name:	DSCF5917-M.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	15513

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFienshmeker View Post
    I love it, thanks, I cant wait to hear how it runs, Ive been looking to buy the rec tec but there are "haters" out there that always say "you cant get real smoke from pellet grill" so Im going back and forth in my mind between RecTec and Backwoods Chubb,
    I can't wait to hear your results.
    Don't worry about haters. Extreme or biased viewpoints should be disregarded. That's like someone saying Ford is junk, or cars are for women- real men drive trucks. That's dumb. Educated, honest, experienced views are what you should base your choice on. Personally, I have had meat from a pellet smoker, electric smoker, gas smoker, charcoal, charcoal+wood, and straight logs. I do not care as much for electric as I do pellet; and I don't care for pellets as much as I do charcoal/logs, and depending on the meat, I largely prefer straight logs. I am just saying this honestly, since this is my taste profile preference. The next guy reading this is likely to say I'm all wrong, but it's all subjective and personal. Just like cars vs trucks vs vans.

If there's a way for you to try meat from BOTH before making your choice (charcoal+wood vs pellet), I would recommend that. Don't just look at ease of use, a pellet will likely ALWAYS win in that regard, that is why they were invented in the first place. Look at what flavor you like- minimal to medium smoke, or medium to strong smoke. You'll be eating the product for (likely) a lifetime. Look next at what you want to have to do, or NOT do. Do you want to push a button and 10 hrs later have it done? = Pellet smoker. Do you like tending a fire, and like that (IMHO) more authentic flavor of wood? =Backwoods. Do you want to build & tend a bonfire and have food come out the other side? = EOS.

I hope I've made some points to think about w/o coming across as a hater or biased.

Leave a comment:

• TheFienshmeker
    replied
    I love it, thanks, I cant wait to hear how it runs, Ive been looking to buy the rec tec but there are "haters" out there that always say "you cant get real smoke from pellet grill" so Im going back and forth in my mind between RecTec and Backwoods Chubb,
    I can't wait to hear your results.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks CandySue! I am going into new waters so to speak and enjoying the journey.

• Marauderer
    replied
    The Grill is assembled and it is lite and headed to 400*F for one hour to finish seasoning the powder coating. I have pics and will post what I did to get there.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    John I can see we went to different schools together earlier in life. The Corvair, air cooled motor, was put in a 68 VW. I built the motor to 195 hp and it was an NA motor. Needless to say the VW was quick as the Corvair motor weighed less that 100 lb more than the VW motor.

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Sweet! Happy Smokin' to you!

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    Have had many a motor in my house, best place for doing them, especially the old air cooled VW's. And who doesn't do their pistons in the kitchen sink?

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    I know what you meant and I remember when I was first married how much we had in the house working on. Overhauling a motorcycle in the spare bedroom, Corvair engine and parts all over the living room. assembling the Corvair engine on the kitchen table, and swapping transmissions on at Triumph 500 in the kitchen all at the same time. Now I don't even assemble my new grill in the breakfast area of the kitchen in a couple of hours. Man, I have slipped over the years.:-D

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    I hope you know I meant rolling it inside just far enough to complete the assembly. Can't take much more time.

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    That is a great question Mark.

Answer #1 I am a lazy Git.

Answer #2 My contractor is installing a back splash on the kitchen walls and there is limited room in the kitchen.

Answer #3 Towmbo's craft room is for her crafts not mine.

Answer #4 See Answer #1

So, hopefully tomorrow won't be raining when I get home. It is still raining now and it is bunky time for me.

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    I just want to know what's keeping you from rolling it inside the house? ;-)

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    fingers crossed

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    My Bad! I misunderstood. Mine only has two screws now as the other end has sliding lugs.

• Marauderer
    replied
    I have to work tomorrow and if it doesn't rain I should just about finish it. Now that is the kiss of death as it will probably be a gully washer right after i get home. I hope not.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here