Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new RecTec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, this Saga is starting to warm up. UPS Freight just called and said about 1.5 hrs till they get here. Should go from warm to hot shortly!!

Comment

Awesome, and I feel you on the color, and the handles, looks like it came from the sidelines of a Texas Longhorns game. I understand their choices but aren't they from Georgia? Should at least offer red.
      I can't say much, most people give me crap about cooking in a trash barrel (PBC) and look, it has cute little horseshoes!!

Comment

John, you're killing me. You know UG Grads can't spell. The prove it every time they write dawg!!

Comment

Well guess what showed up in front of the house a couple hours ago? Yep, the UPS Freight Dude.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5863-M.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	14864
          He said he had two pallets for mw weighing 740 lbs.

Name:	DSCF5864-M.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	14865
          So I had him put them on the driveway and would take it from there.

Name:	DSCF5865-M.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	14866

Comment

So looking at the two boxes I thought I would get the grill moved first.

Name:	DSCF5866-M.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	14871
            Grill seemed to be packed very well.

Name:	DSCF5867-M.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	14872

Name:	DSCF5868-M.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	14873

Name:	DSCF5869-M.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	14874
            Attached Files

Comment

Name:	DSCF5870-M.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	14878

So, I filled up the loader and took the parts around back to take up the stairs

Name:	DSCF5871-M.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	14879

Name:	DSCF5872-M.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	14880

The stairs got longer each trip. This has got to be one of the hottest days this summer.

Name:	DSCF5873-M.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	14881

Comment

Now to get the body of the grill back there.
                My neighbors are great and will come and help when I ask but, I don't want to wear that out. That is why I am doing as much as I can myself. Good neighbors are hard to come by in this day and age.

Name:	DSCF5874-M.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	14885
                I had to be careful with the straps that I didn't bend anything or scratch it.

Name:	DSCF5876-M.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	14886

I will probably disassemble the box more to lighten it up to take up the stairs

Name:	DSCF5877-M.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	14887

Comment

• Marauderer
                  Marauderer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know what you mean Mark. She was suppose to get her friends with the young legs to help get her stuff up there. Today was hot until the rain started and has cooled off considerably.

• mgaretz
                  mgaretz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would have been nice, except we were just moving her in and she hadn't made any friends yet.

• Marauderer
                  Marauderer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I figured that. My Daughter is and apartment complex manager for a University and I get to here about it frequently.

AWESOME!

Comment

Starting to get interesting!

Comment

And then the rain thunder and lightening came and I had 480# of pellets sitting in front of the front barn.

Name:	DSCF5879-M.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	14904
                    I didn't know my senior body could move that fast to get it stored.And I ngot the main box covered

Name:	DSCF5880-M.jpg
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	14907

Name:	DSCF5881-M.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	14905
                    And I had all the hardware up on the deck. TOWMBO came out and brought that into the kitchen for now.

Name:	DSCF5882-M.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	14906

I am working on an article of how to make your own sweet pickle relish that I hope to get most of it posted today also. It is easy and it taste fabulous!!

Comment

I'm worn out just by reading the thread!!
                      480 lbs, how many cooking sessions can that produce?

Comment

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's about 20 days of low and slow cooking, so I think he's set for a while.

I remember a thread on storing pellets, I don't remember "outside on the pavement in the rain" being one of the methods discussed

Comment

Great shot John!! I can't either but it is still raining so I did the correct thing.

Comment

I like the pic looking up the stairs. #daunting.

Congrats on the new toy! I remember waiting for my Yoder to come, when I finally heard those airbrakes "PVVVRSSSHHH" I was up & outside in a flash. It was raining then too but I barely noticed.

Comment

Second day with rain!! Any other time it would be a drought.

Name:	DSCF5912-M.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	15220

Drat, Darn it!! The cover is not a custom fit but it is excellent quality and will work for a long time is my assessment.

I did get some done today in between appointments.

I removed the red cover, heavy and attached the straps around the drum and two of us hauled it up those stairs to the deck.

Name:	DSCF5877-M.jpg
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	15221

The directions said to turn it over upside down to assemble the lags and bottom rack.. For me I did it right side up. I got Towmbo to help me install the legs. I lifted the unit and she slid the legs in the slots.

Name:	DSCF5896-M.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	15223
                            I installed the bolts just a bit more than finger tight.

Name:	DSCF5893-M.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	15224
                            I installed the lower rack upside down so there is a lip all the way around and my stuff/junk won't fall off when I move it. I then tightened all the lower bolts that hold the rack on and the went back and tightened the leg retaining bolts and the lower section is done.

Name:	DSCF5897-M.jpg
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	15225

Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here