Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new RecTec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a new RecTec

I ordered a RecTec last Friday 8/29 and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I bought a package deal and this is what it included.

REC TEC WOOD PELLET GRILL - GRILLER'S BUNDLE - SHIPPING INCLUDED!!!

GRILLER'S BUNDLE:

Bundle includes:

REC TEC Grill (Model: RT-680);
    GrillGratesâ„¢ Searing kit (3 - 19.5" panels & Grate tool);
    Stainless Steel front shelf;
    Premium Grill Cover;
    Maverick ET-732;
    The Complete Wood Pellet Grill Cookbook;
    REC TEC Grilling Mat; and
    80 Pounds of Wood Pellets (1 - 40# bag of Perfect Mix (Hickory, Maple, Apple, Cherry) and 1 - 40# bag of Ultimate Blend (White Oak, Red Oak, Hickory)
    ADD ITEMS TO THIS ORDER WITHOUT INCURRING SHIPPING CHARGES BY USING COUPON CODE: BUNDLE

So I added an extra 400 lb of Cookin Pellets Perfect mix. It is the Maple/hickory,cherry/apple blend

It was shipped Friday. I mean not just the shipping info. I checked tracking and it has been in Atlanta since Saturday just waiting for UPS Freight to open tomorrow and deliver. I am like a little kid and will probably sleep on the front porch tonight so I won't miss them. Not!! to hot. I did put the loader back on the tractor today to help move things around.

I will have to disassemble it partially because I plan on putting it on the deck which is a 2nd story one.

If it comes early enough we will do some St. Louis Ribs I have waiting on it.

Make sure to take pics of her clean, cause she'll never look like that again!

Comment

Oh I think Barry will be shining that thing till the paint rubs off.. just sayin

Comment

i will using this thread as an assembly, burn in, and whatever else we can use it for to document the RecTec. Thanks Dave for your input. If you think of anything else I should document please post your suggestions.

Comment

That is so cool.......punk

Comment

WOW! I LIKE that orange color! Color me jealous. I like Jerod's name-calling. Punk!

Comment

Yes, it is the most colorful smoker out there. Almost gaudy. Quite a contrast to the normal black or silver stainless of most grills.

Comment

What you need to do Barry is get a shirt with flames on the sleeves and a Guy Fieri wig and some shades. You'll be the mac daddy out there with that RecTec!

Comment

Now Aaron, I like Guy "the Food Pig" Fieri but, I have never been accused of be a flamboyant dresser. Maybe stylish in my day but never flamboyant. I have already considered changing the color of the lid and the handles but, I will give it a try first. I do think that RecTec looses some sales do to their flamboyant finish on the unit. I really am a behind the scene kind of guy when I can. If we were neighbors we would be having a serious conversation about this with some suds or scotch.

Comment

Now this is a stylish snappy dresser. I was getting ready to brave the elements in the Florida sun.

Comment

LOL. Well, I for one truly LOVE that color. If you paint over it I will be disappointed!
                      And I like the idea of discussing it over a beverage. It'll have to be virtual for now...

Comment

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
                        Now this is a stylish snappy dresser. I was getting ready to brave the elements in the Florida sun.

Barry I see you learned a thing or two in the Navy on how to dress

Comment

• Marauderer
                          Marauderer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's a little Yanmar Sc2450. It has 25 hp diesel 3 cyl, 4x4, locking rear diff, pwr strg, I love it. It is my little "Force Multiplier" and save my old B@$$ from getting wore out to fast.

• Marauderer
                          Marauderer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's a little Yanmar Sc2450. It has 25 hp diesel 3 cyl, 4x4, locking rear diff, pwr strg, I love it. It is my little "Force Multiplier" and save my old B@$$ from getting wore out to fast.

• Marauderer
                          Marauderer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey Gunner, what kind of canoes did you play with? IMWTK.

To many years in the sun. My mom had skin cancer on her nose and I am trying to avoid that now. I grew up in souther Florida an being in the Navy for 30 years we were near the water. Also owned a boat for bout 15 years in Charleston, SC and Virginia Beach, VA. Now when i am in he sun all day long I dress for it.

Comment

Oh my!

Comment

Thanks for really being easy on me. My fellow racers really busted my A$$ about my attire at first. After I told them why I only got mild snickers occasionally.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here