Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new RecTec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    Barry, you're talking about the whole shelf (controller box) attachment to the barrel. Mine attaches the same way. I was referring specifically to the box's cover (which ends up on the bottom) - the part you remove to get to the circuit board.

• David Parrish
    replied
    Great posts Barry. Great pics too!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Mark, the controller box is held on with 4 10 mm bolts. I will get a pic and post it tomorrow.

• mgaretz
    replied
    Wow, looks like they have upgraded a few things since I got mine, and that was just in May! They added the sheathing to the RTD wires and the controller box cover now goes on a lot easier (though mine wasn't really that hard). Mine was just four small sheet metal screws - now it looks like two tongues and two screws. Also looks they have added a bracket to keep that RTD from being knocked out of position.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    I probably won't ever get a pellet rig, but if I did I'd buy this one just for these excellent setup instructions and photos.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    It says to attach the prob wires to the RDTA lugs. I then just laid the excess wiring inside the control box so it wasn't kinked.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5905-M.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	15258

Name:	DSCF5906-M.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	15259

And closed up the control box.

Name:	DSCF5908-M.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	15260

And then the rains came and it is still raining.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    This is what the wiring and sheathing look like exiting the end of the box.

Name:	DSCF5901-M.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	15252

Now you are going to remove the bottom cover on the control box

Name:	DSCF5908-M.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	15253

Next run the prob wires through the rubber grommet into the control box. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5902-M.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	15254
    When you attach the control unit to the box I slid all the extra probe wiring into the control box and slid the sheathing insulation in also taking all the excess wiring and sheathing into the control box.

Name:	DSCF5903-M.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	15255

The black sheathing excess you can see inside the control box.

Name:	DSCF5904-M.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	15256

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    I vacuumed out the inside of the drum and the pellet hopper

Name:	DSCF5894-M.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	15240

Name:	DSCF5895-M.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	15241

And then I installed the vent which comes preassembled and it is adjustable.

Name:	DSCF5898-M.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	15242

Next we had the sensor wiring to run and you need to take your time and be careful with this. Carefully remove the tie wrapm from the wiring.

Name:	DSCF5899-M.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	15243

Run the wires carefully out the hole under the prob being careful not to kink it. Also get the black insulating sheathing as close to the probe as possible.

Name:	DSCF5900-M.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	15245

Name:	DSCF5900-M.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	15244

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Second day with rain!! Any other time it would be a drought.

Name:	DSCF5912-M.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	15220

Drat, Darn it!! The cover is not a custom fit but it is excellent quality and will work for a long time is my assessment.

I did get some done today in between appointments.

I removed the red cover, heavy and attached the straps around the drum and two of us hauled it up those stairs to the deck.

Name:	DSCF5877-M.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	15221

The directions said to turn it over upside down to assemble the lags and bottom rack.. For me I did it right side up. I got Towmbo to help me install the legs. I lifted the unit and she slid the legs in the slots.

Name:	DSCF5896-M.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	15223
    I installed the bolts just a bit more than finger tight.

Name:	DSCF5893-M.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	15224
    I installed the lower rack upside down so there is a lip all the way around and my stuff/junk won't fall off when I move it. I then tightened all the lower bolts that hold the rack on and the went back and tightened the leg retaining bolts and the lower section is done.

Name:	DSCF5897-M.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	15225

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I like the pic looking up the stairs. #daunting.

Congrats on the new toy! I remember waiting for my Yoder to come, when I finally heard those airbrakes "PVVVRSSSHHH" I was up & outside in a flash. It was raining then too but I barely noticed.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    I figured that. My Daughter is and apartment complex manager for a University and I get to here about it frequently.

• Marauderer
    replied
    Great shot John!! I can't either but it is still raining so I did the correct thing.

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    That would have been nice, except we were just moving her in and she hadn't made any friends yet.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    That's about 20 days of low and slow cooking, so I think he's set for a while.

• _John_
    replied
    I remember a thread on storing pellets, I don't remember "outside on the pavement in the rain" being one of the methods discussed

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here