Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new RecTec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    I've never had that happen, but I've only been using pellets about 1.5 years. I have had it happen with my Weber gas grill.

• Marauderer
    replied
    I ordered a gasket kit from BBQgaskets.com for my cover. It fits well but leaks.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Ya need to make up a sticky by the grill/smoker that reminds you to clean the top under surface before you fire it up. Thanks for the heads up. I will post how and where I put my sticky. Why reinvent the wheel when you guys have already been there and done that.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Same with my offset. Easy to scrape off, but sadly I never think of it until little black flakes end up on my ribs or chicken just from opening/closing the lid....

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    Thanks Dave, I don'y have any experience with the cleaning of critical parts on a Pellet smoker.
    The most aggravating thing about cleaning pellet cookers I think is the carbon buildup. It'll build up on the inside of the hood and come off in flakes all over the food.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Thanks Dave, I don'y have any experience with the cleaning of critical parts on a Pellet smoker.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    No I dont clean it, per say, but I do scrape off the sludge. That stuff will burn and give off bad flavors.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Dave, do you completely clean your drip pan after every cook?

• hdarrel22
    commented on 's reply
    I read that too, but I haven't had any problems with getting enough smoke on mine with my rec tec. Nice smoke ring every time. The thing I love is I can put my ribs on at noon, go to work and come home to great ribs.

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    No, I had not seen it. I am not keeping up well. I made a response and will check out Academy Sports.

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    lol, yeah that's the ticket. Barry did you see my post here? http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...ets-for-smoker

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Yea, but you are tough Dave.

• David Parrish
    replied
    My drip tray goes commando (no foil).

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    At least it will get past where all the smoke can be absorbed.

• Ozric
    commented on 's reply
    Cool. Looking forward to a comparative test (frozen, fresh with tube, fresh).

18"? I'm not hung that well. Sorry. LOL That'd almost get you through an overnight cook!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here