Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new RecTec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Hhmm, you have to be careful with friends in educating them on food. How did you handle the situation?? IMWTK!

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Reg, I am very happy with my RecTec!! I am just a tinkering/gadget kinda guy

• Regliner
    commented on 's reply
    I had friends unfamiliar with smoke rings freak out and think I was serving uncooked food.

• Regliner
    commented on 's reply
    Your ribs looked pretty good as well. I did ribs last weekend and was pretty tasty

You still happy with your RT?

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Pellet grill brisket "smoke" rings, especially the ones I have seen on Yoders, look almost fake they are laid in there so perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    That is a great looking Brisket. Glad you are happy with your purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Regliner
    replied
    I bought a RT about 2 months ago and my first cook was a brisket. Came out fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Huskee you are correct. They were a little smokey. The next batch I will do exactly the same way but I will be installing some mods on my RecTec and will see what that does. If that doesn't help the following batch I will use the 18" pellet smoker tube with 100% hickory in it and evaluate that.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I think he said further up the thread that they were faintly smokey, that he's considering the tube smoker add-on next time? Barry correct me if I'm wrong...

What did you use for smoke on your gasser that these were more faint?

• _John_
    replied
    Did they taste pretty smokey? Interested to see the flavor difference from the freezer. I have only had food from a pellet cooker once (that I know of anyway) and those were chicken wings, really couldn't taste any smoke because he put on like a crust of black pepper.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Those look GREAT Barry. Lots of effort went into those babies. Congrats man, job well done. I hope you can chill and smoke now!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Better pics if you can see them.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    As for the ribs, I ate and ate until I couldn't eat anymore looking for a good one. Didn't find one so we chewed up some more last night. They were even better. I was very happy how they turned out and Towmbo liked them also.

They took about 6 hrs from frozen to passing the Bark test. First three hours at 210*F and then 225*F until done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5966-M.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	16403

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5967-M.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	16404

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Well how were the ribs?

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    Clean it? The whole point of seasoning it is to get it nice and greasy so the ash sticks to it.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here