Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recteq customer service ๐Ÿ‘

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recteq customer service ๐Ÿ‘

We needed to get a new WiFi router this week. We get it From Spectrum, our cable and internet service provider. Of course every device we have needed to be reconnected to the new router. My RT-700, about 3.5 years old now, wouldnโ€™t connect. Iโ€™m very technically challenged so I call Recteq CS for help. As always, they were quick to answer, friendly, and courteous. The agent immediately identifies the problem as being the new router and admits they have constant calls about this particular unit. Something about dual band 2.4/5 GB router and single band 2.4 controller on the 700 being not compatible. Greek to me. He says I can change routers or get the current dual band RT controller. (Normally a $200 upgrade). Then he says are you fairly handy? I feel I am (see my woodworking posts) and confidently respond in the positive. He then says โ€œHappy Holidays โ€œ and tells me he will send me the new controller free of charge. I got the order confirmation with install instructions (very easy) within five minutes. LOVE my Recteq!!

My saying is, Without great customer service! You'll have no customers to serve!

Comment

Wow, that is fabulous service! Dual band routers, and many "mesh" style routers, are the bane of most appliances that use 2.4 ghz. Especially modem/router combos from internet companies like Spectrum (or, in our case, Cox). There are ways to get them to talk nicely, but RecTec's solution (for Free!!) is even better!

Comment

That's awesome, though at the same time I'm always shocked when appliance makers release a product these days with a 2.4 only option. Specifically pellet grills which only started having wifi capabilities well after 5ghz was already the standard.

For anyone in a similar situation to you, what I would suggest is creating a 2.4 only guest network specifically for your appliances. Most routers have this option, and it's a simple way to ensure the router doesn't try to switch freqs on the devices. I had to do this with some of my security cams as well as home theater and of course my MAK.

Regardless, you should have a simple install and hopefully the upgrade enhances your cooking experience

Comment

I had the same issue with my Smobot. The CS at Smobot contacted my router manufacturer and found out how to split the signal. With the help from both of them I am back in operation.

Comment

They really do have a good reputation for customer service.

Comment

Awesome! I had a feed problem with mine a few years ago, essentially in troubleshooting they sent me every moving part on my RT680 to figure it out. Finally it worked, not quite sure what the final issue was. But all was sent right away and free.

I noticed my wifi wasnโ€™t working on my mine this last cook, so I think I need to go out and reboot again. Last time I called them they said to unplug and re-plug in because sometimes it loses connection. But that dual band sounds good!

Comment

Great to know. You post good.

Comment

I had a RT680 for 8 years and had to call customer service 3 times and they were fantastic each time. One time the movers broke a handle and while I was prepared to pay for it they would not take my money and sent a new one out NDA.....fantastic customer service.

Comment

bought my 680 in 2017, this summer my igniter went out. By watching there trouble shooting video's it was easy to diagnose the problem. Gave them a call , the guy walked through several steps to make sure it was the igniter. As others, I had my credit card ready to pay for the part and shipping. They sent to me for free.

Comment

I had a similar experience with RecTeq (They were Rec Tec when I bought my 680). My stepson bought me the holding box or cold box so the cover no longer fit. I called to see if they had made a cover to fit the 680 with the box and they said yes. They were online for $129. I got my credit card out ready to pay and he told me he would send it no charge! A couple days later it showed up. Incredible service!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. RecTeq has always been good to me..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here