Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering a Rec Tec Pellet Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    Dave your insight into people amazes me. I see why you are the Pit Boss!! Yes, you are correct, I ordered the RecTec today. For several reasons the biggest one was how much disposable income I had to throw at a unit. I should get a lot of bang for my dollar. Although the Mak 2 star was a super machione it was more than I was willing to budget for.

Jon, have you been sneaking around in my back yard taking my picture?
    Barry you just seem like the kind of guy that likes to take the bull by the horns, so it was an easy guess!

Did you get any accessories? Like the towel?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Yes, congrats on the new Rec tec, Barry! Good decision, and great value. That's a fine looking grill, alright.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    I know you say that a little jokingly but Traeger makes some really great units which you also know

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    CONGRAT! I cant wait to see these pics!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    I was going to say Traeger (hehehehe)

• Marauderer
    replied
    This was really difficult for me.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Dave your insight into people amazes me. I see why you are the Pit Boss!! Yes, you are correct, I ordered the RecTec today. For several reasons the biggest one was how much disposable income I had to throw at a unit. I should get a lot of bang for my dollar. Although the Mak 2 star was a super machione it was more than I was willing to budget for.

Jon, have you been sneaking around in my back yard taking my picture?

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Ah come on, guess!

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Well, I finally made a decision!! and have ordered a Pellet Smoker. What do you think I got?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	13698

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Lol you ain't right Barry teasin us like that. Imma guess tho. Rec Tec!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Well, I finally made a decision!! and have ordered a Pellet Smoker. What do you think I got?

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Max, your input is much appreciated. I am out and about using my cotton pickin Android phone to post these messages while I'm waiting a business

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    thank you for your input mark I appreciate it

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    You Fellows are giving me a lot to think about and I really appreciate it. I will revisit everything and then see what I am going to do. Shipping isn't a major consideration for me from what I have seen. $100 flat shipping on the Mak and zero on the RecTec if you get a bundled package. I am considering this bundled package from RecTec which includes free shipping. Since the RecTec plant is in Augusta, Ga it is a good deal for them. They also have some very creative financing options. Two yeas no finance charges is hard to pass up. I talked to them about Wifi and they are considering that option in the future and they said they are looking at it. There Digital system is very proprietary and the BBQ Guru units will not work with them. Wifi would be nice but, it is not a deal maker/breaker for me. I do like the construction materials better on the RecTec especially the stainless steel components. So Mark, what don't you like about your Rectec?? http://www.rectecgrills.com/rec-tec-...ping-included/
    Haven't found anything I don't like yet.

Leave a comment:

• Max Good
    replied
    REC TEC is excellent and the base price w/o shipping is $998. Other than the appealing cosmetics, it has no bells and whistles, just solid construction with lots of heavy stainless steel and a very dependable digital touchpad controller. That said, competition in the pellet smoker arena is heating up. Green Mountain is on the move and even Traeger announced they are introducing something new within the next few days.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here