Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering a Rec Tec Pellet Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Dave, but the price tag is pretty steep in comparison. But, this is why I am I am having this discussion and haven't pulled the trigger yet. The Mak 2 Star is considerably better built than the 1 star and has a lot of options like the expanded cooker/smoker box. I am still looking.

Comment

REC TEC is excellent and the base price w/o shipping is $998. Other than the appealing cosmetics, it has no bells and whistles, just solid construction with lots of heavy stainless steel and a very dependable digital touchpad controller. That said, competition in the pellet smoker arena is heating up. Green Mountain is on the move and even Traeger announced they are introducing something new within the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
        You Fellows are giving me a lot to think about and I really appreciate it. I will revisit everything and then see what I am going to do. Shipping isn't a major consideration for me from what I have seen. $100 flat shipping on the Mak and zero on the RecTec if you get a bundled package. I am considering this bundled package from RecTec which includes free shipping. Since the RecTec plant is in Augusta, Ga it is a good deal for them. They also have some very creative financing options. Two yeas no finance charges is hard to pass up. I talked to them about Wifi and they are considering that option in the future and they said they are looking at it. There Digital system is very proprietary and the BBQ Guru units will not work with them. Wifi would be nice but, it is not a deal maker/breaker for me. I do like the construction materials better on the RecTec especially the stainless steel components. So Mark, what don't you like about your Rectec?? http://www.rectecgrills.com/rec-tec-...ping-included/
        Haven't found anything I don't like yet.

Comment

thank you for your input mark I appreciate it

Comment

Max, your input is much appreciated. I am out and about using my cotton pickin Android phone to post these messages while I'm waiting a business

Comment

Well, I finally made a decision!! and have ordered a Pellet Smoker. What do you think I got?

Comment

Lol you ain't right Barry teasin us like that. Imma guess tho. Rec Tec!

Comment

Well, I finally made a decision!! and have ordered a Pellet Smoker. What do you think I got?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	13698

Comment

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ah come on, guess!

• Jon Solberg
                    Jon Solberg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was going to say Traeger (hehehehe)

• Marauderer
                    Marauderer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I know you say that a little jokingly but Traeger makes some really great units which you also know

Dave your insight into people amazes me. I see why you are the Pit Boss!! Yes, you are correct, I ordered the RecTec today. For several reasons the biggest one was how much disposable income I had to throw at a unit. I should get a lot of bang for my dollar. Although the Mak 2 star was a super machione it was more than I was willing to budget for.

Jon, have you been sneaking around in my back yard taking my picture?

Comment

This was really difficult for me.

Comment

CONGRAT! I cant wait to see these pics!

Comment

Yes, congrats on the new Rec tec, Barry! Good decision, and great value. That's a fine looking grill, alright.

Comment

Dave your insight into people amazes me. I see why you are the Pit Boss!! Yes, you are correct, I ordered the RecTec today. For several reasons the biggest one was how much disposable income I had to throw at a unit. I should get a lot of bang for my dollar. Although the Mak 2 star was a super machione it was more than I was willing to budget for.

Jon, have you been sneaking around in my back yard taking my picture?
                          Barry you just seem like the kind of guy that likes to take the bull by the horns, so it was an easy guess!

Did you get any accessories? Like the towel?

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
                            Did you get any accessories? Like the towel?
                            You are Bad Dave!!

I got the big bundle

Bundle includes:

REC TEC Grill (Model: RT-680);
                            GrillGratesâ„¢ Searing kit (3 - 19.5" panels & Grate tool);
                            Stainless Steel front shelf;
                            Premium Grill Cover;
                            Maverick ET-732;
                            The Complete Wood Pellet Grill Cookbook;
                            REC TEC Grilling Mat; and
                            80 Pounds of Wood Pellets (1 - 40# bag of Perfect Mix (Hickory, Maple, Apple, Cherry) and 1 - 40# bag of Ultimate Blend (White Oak, Red Oak, Hickory)

I already have one Maverick but the second will work and I didn't need the cookbook, I have the "Pit" and AR, but, it was part of the bundle.

I didn't get the towel. I hope you don't think less of me because I didn't get the towel.

Comment

Is that all you wanted was 80lb of pellets? Call em back and add more on, they'll also ship for free!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here