Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering a Rec Tec Pellet Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering a Rec Tec Pellet Grill

If you have one tell me your likes and dislikes to help me make up my mind.

Dislikes- I don't have one.....probably one of the best BBQ items at that price.

You definitely done good starting out looking at that one....

Comment

Jrod, I dislike it for the same reason that you do, I don't have one. I have looked at a whole bunch of them and there are some I like a tiny bit better but for the dollar and the construction of the RT I am having a difficult time looking at anything else

Comment

I think the Yoder is the only one I would like other than this one....

Comment

I looked at the Yoder and it was nice but, I have a limited space I can put it in and I believe the Yoder 640 weighs an additional 140# over the Rec Tec. If I had a choice and the disposable income I would have one of everything but, I don't. Anywho, thanks Jrod for reminding me of the Yoder's.

Comment

I tried to win the Yoder grill grates was giving away. They still haven't called.

Comment

They sure are the nicest cheap ones out there, just do it man

Comment

Barry you have to also look at the Mak 1 Star at this price point. It's only a couple of hundred dollars more and is built like a tank. Both are excellent choices but the Mak has WIFI (optional)!

Comment

Depending on where you live, pit boss is right, the Mak is only a couple hundred more due to the added shipping cost of the Rec Tec, and assuming you have a Mak dealer near you, but it's also a smaller cooking area. But the added shipping cost can be offset by the fact that if you include pellets with your Rec Tec order, they get shipped at no extra charge.

Comment

You Fellows are giving me a lot to think about and I really appreciate it. I will revisit everything and then see what I am going to do. Shipping isn't a major consideration for me from what I have seen. $100 flat shipping on the Mak and zero on the RecTec if you get a bundled package. I am considering this bundled package from RecTec which includes free shipping. Since the RecTec plant is in Augusta, Ga it is a good deal for them. They also have some very creative financing options. Two yeas no finance charges is hard to pass up. I talked to them about Wifi and they are considering that option in the future and they said they are looking at it. There Digital system is very proprietary and the BBQ Guru units will not work with them. Wifi would be nice but, it is not a deal maker/breaker for me. I do like the construction materials better on the RecTec especially the stainless steel components.

So Mark, what don't you like about your Rectec??

recteq high quality smokers and grills with WiFi technology will have you spend less time guessing and more time enjoying your grill.

Comment

I have a friend who has and likes his rt...i went with the yoder mainly because for the same surface area it is much beefier construction... in reality the RT may have been the better price value point but i was looking for the last smoker i will ever need,,,,,(hah!)

i think the fair comparison you need to be making is rt vs traeger or that louisiana brand--- there are several to choose from

Comment

The Rec Tec is a handsome rig, but I see 1,499 reasons I woud not to buy it -- price/performance. It isn't a smoker and won't produce the results of a smoker. When I looked at a "brand x" pellet cooker at a restaurant supply store, the manager explained that he only carried it because so many people came in looking for it. He said it had a cult following. And there is nothing free about the shipping or financing; it is built into the price. I use a much less expensive pellet cooker for convenience, not for superior results. But that Rec Tec would make a great Christmas card photo card. You will enjoy whatever you select and use.

Comment

Hey Rbar, welcome to the forum.

It is a pretty smoker for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbar View Post
                            The Rec Tec is a handsome rig, but I see 1,499 reasons I woud not to buy it -- price/performance. It isn't a smoker and won't produce the results of a smoker. When I looked at a "brand x" pellet cooker at a restaurant supply store, the manager explained that he only carried it because so many people came in looking for it. He said it had a cult following. And there is nothing free about the shipping or financing; it is built into the price. I use a much less expensive pellet cooker for convenience, not for superior results. But that Rec Tec would make a great Christmas card photo card. You will enjoy whatever you select and use.
                            Hi Rbar, so without any names for cookers other than "Brand X" and a "less expensive pellet cooker" and nothing in your sig??? Please let me know what you were talking about and welcome to the "Pit"!!

Comment

All I'll say is I know 3 AmazingRibs moderators that own Maks to include Meathead. Let's see if Max wants to chime in.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here