Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Recteq Model RT-1070

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW Recteq Model RT-1070

If this was out a year ago, there’s at least a good chance it would be on my patio versus the MAK (I have zero regrets, just saying this offering would have made the decision harder). ItsAllGoneToTheDogs mentioned its quiet release yesterday in a comment, but I think it’s worthy of a thread of its own. One of very few built in pellet options too.

recteq's E-Series Built-In 1300: elite performance meets elite design for the ultimate showpiece, built from the highest quality 304 stainless steel. Whether you are the backyard host, the professional chef, or the family culinary expert, this is your opportunity to bring upscale wood-fired flavor to every meal you serve. Take your outdoor kitchen to the next level with Smart Grill Technology and dual-band Wi-Fi capabilities, connecting you to the #1 grilling app on the market for the ultimate in luxury outdoor cooking. Beyond the stunning aesthetics, this grill boasts recteq’s legendary wood fired flavor, stainless steel construction, #1 rated grilling app, and US-based customer service. Not only does the E-Series Built-In produce incredible results, but the sleek, heavy-duty design will serve as a centerpiece in your outdoor kitchen for years to come.

The only thing that concerns me is RT at least used to use cheaper 430 grade on the sub RT-700 models which led to corrosion and rust issues. I think at some point they changed the sub-700 models to 304 internals. RT used to publicize gauge and thickness but stopped doing so quite a few years ago.

Regardless the cheapest 100% stainless grill used to be the Fast Eddy's which is now $2.2K+ so with this on the market I suspect it will sell very well.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      From the website, it says:

The RT-1070 w/ Cabinet features 304 stainless steel firepot, 2 1/4" grill grates, and drip pan, as well as a heavy-duty cast-iron heat deflector.

What they do not say is 304 is the cabinet itself - I imagine that is the cheaper 430 grade. Just like my Weber Genesis II which has some issues with the side tables.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      jfmorris I was referring to the body, but I didn't see what you posted then again I was drinking while browsing this offering last night

Well, that is kinda a cool design - moving the hopper into the area where we would normally have a front shelf protruding anyway. I really like the design of this one...

Comment

Nice. I bought my RT-700 almost three years ago now. Love it in every way. I got the comp cart, front shelf, and 2nd cooking rack which were all options at that time. The cost actually came out higher than this new unit all in. Granted the 700 has a few more inches of cooking space but the redesign of the 2nd shelf negates that. Plus it’s all stainless. Nice unit. If I was buying now this would be high on my list.

Comment

From the manual (it's online, no I don't have one of these...)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 9.43.39 AM.png
Views:	3006
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	1199020
        Last edited by rickgregory; March 31, 2022, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t mind the 430 on the cabinet and hopper, but would prefer the barrel be 304. Hopefully, it’s thicker than the 430 Weber uses on stuff though. On my Memphis a lot of the cabinet and side shelves were even 430, but I think they offered an all 304 version at that time for extra $.

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          A couple years back you wouldn't find an entirely or significantly most 304 stainless cooker for under $2500. In our new reality that price point is more likely $3k or higher. This group has a far better awareness of the differences compared to the general marketplace out there (the likely target audience). They just see lots of shiny stainless looking material and immediately think; rust proof...........sigh.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          Editing a comment
          Uncle Bob that's how I ended up with my last $1000 gasser that lasted... 2 years before all the hardware and drip pan rusted away... which led me to spend much more for my MAK

That is a well-done design and solid value. I like it.

Comment

That's a nice looking machine.

Comment

They appear to have nailed this one for sure.

Comment

Does anyone have this ? I have been going between the RT-1070 and a Memphis Elite. I know they are not in the same class. I am just trying to justify spending the extra money on Memphis vs the RT-1070 which seems to have just as good results.

Comment

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                I know glitchy was/is disappointed at the price/value/quality for Memphis. I’d lean rec-teq in that comparison.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                Editing a comment
                What are you looking for in a pellet grill? There's quite a few stainless options in the price range between the grills you listed.

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                SmokinSoldiers You are aware that Memphis moved their production to China a couple years ago (and have still increased substantially in cost since)? I’ve heard more negative about them versus positive since. I had a US made freestanding Memphis Pro and it was the most beautifully constructed bbq pit I’ve ever owned, but I’d rather actually cook on any other pellet grill.

Thank you, This is what I was thinking. I am looking at consistent temperature and pellet consumption as well as I like the 304 stainless for looks as well as durability. I liked the double wall construction and dual auger and fans. However, I did not know if it truly made that much difference or if it was more marketing.

Comment

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                Memphis are very efficient and hold a very steady temp. However, between the two models you’re comparing you might never be able to recover the difference in pellet costs in your lifetime. From what I’ve read about Recteq is they hold pretty good temps.

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                Also, on another pellet specific forum I’ve been on for years, I’ve been watching a virtual friend that bought a Memphis Beale Street a couple months ago. He had all kinds of issues with it having temp creep after an hour getting to 75 degrees over set point after a while. He finally got frustrated and got rid of it after replacing several parts. What did he replace it with? A RT-1070. He just got that a couple days ago, so I’m watching his updates on it.

All I can add is that my RT-700 has been flawless for the 3 1/2 years I have had it. It’s used 1-3 times every week year round.

Comment

I've owned 3 Recteq's at home and have 4 around work. I have many friends with them also. One thing I can say about them is their customer service is the best I've ever seen in my life. I once posted a video of my grill running and a rep saw the post and noticed something wrong with my grill. 30 minutes later I got a call from them asking to send the parts to correct it.

Comment

I have an RT-700 and a RT-380. They have both been awesome. But now looking to add a built in and an island in back yard so I was lookin at SS drop ins. I ruled out the Memphis with help from other reviewers but now I see a Coyote Grill LOL. I guess I will have to research that a little more. But right now RT-1070 seems to be the winner.

Thank you guys

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                    Editing a comment
                    If you were looking at the Memphis and Coyote, the MAK 3 star (3200+ sq inches with all racks) is setup as a built in unless you pay more for the cart.... but I wouldn't be surprised to see RT roll out a SS version of the 700/1280 or whatever as long as the 1070 sells... the 1070 is kinda small I think especially considering what you already heave.

Nice design. I have the old RT-600.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here