Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod to keep rain/snow out of the RecTec Mini...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod to keep rain/snow out of the RecTec Mini...

Has anyone ever looked at options to keep rain and snow out of the exhaust ports on the Mini? Curious if it is worth serious consideration as we approach winter or if I'm better off just moving a table umbrella over above the smoker if needed.

Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.

I would us an umbrella to start. I'd be temped to screw on some flashing.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; November 1, 2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jerod. While I find the thought of doing some mods interesting, low tech is probably the right way to start.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Butterman even when I am waaaaaay in, it is still pretty much low tech hahaha

here's Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0070[1].JPG
Views:	170
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	119542 what I do Butterman

Comment

• Butterman
        Butterman commented
        Editing a comment
        That's nice, even better than the umbrella!

The old E-Z up saves the day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here