Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rt-b380 bullseye stainless steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rt-b380 bullseye stainless steel

Friend of mine who smokes a lot recommended the RT-B380. It will be her go to for when she isn't cooking for her office or big crowds.

I don't cook for crowds. Looks like I can put a good number of ribs on rib racks if need be. Big enough for a decent sized full brisket, turkey, etc.

Been needing to replace my MEB electric. Was considering another electric but this one seems to fit the bill just fine.

I know Max Good had some issues with the older models. Seems like RecTeq has addressed those.

Will update.
    Last edited by CosmicMiami; November 1, 2021, 07:32 AM.

I got one. I like it but it needs more air! RecTeq sent me a "lid cracker" that keeps the lid open just a bit. You can do the same thing with a piece of foil. I’m thinking of drilling a hole in the lid, but I haven’t done it yet. All in all, I like it! It’s a good little cooker for the money.

Comment

I had the original painted unit, as Sue mentioned after the fact in the early days they made a tab that would hold the lid open a crack. I used it most for my for small cooks, loved it. It was showing it's age where the paint was. The newer stainless steel has a better controller, stainless steel everywhere the old one rusted and for me it works even better.
      Last edited by SMOG MAN; November 2, 2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

My friend has a Yoder for her bigger cooks. Yeah, she's single, no kids! LOL

She wasn't keen on her Traeger that she sold in favor of the Yoder. She had several problems with the T. She also didn't like the T pellets.

Ordered the RT this morning.

Comment

There is YouTube channel called Heavy Metal BBQ https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavyMetalBarBQue/videos He has one of these cookers and does all sorts of interesting add on hacks, like converting it to a stick burning smoker, adding a Santa Maria attachment, etc. I think he mentioned it uses a 22" grate similar to a Weber 22" and so he uses anything that fits the Weber 22" and gets the bonus of the fan. It might be fun to check out if you go this route.

Comment

• CandySueQ
            CandySueQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, the 22" Arteflame fits beautifully. Haven't cooked with it on the BullsEye yet.

Has anyone tried using the bullseye w/o the diffuser plate to get direct flame cooking? Maybe with grill grates on top. I’m wondering if that would get you direct ultra-hot fire kissed grilling in the center of the grill, and have cooler no flame areas toward the edges of the grill…. I’m thinking of trying this.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here