Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recteq 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recteq 700

Would this be a piece for the arsenal for my wife to cook burgers, brats and dogs for a quick 30 minute type lunch that she does for the farm crew we run? I have a nice size Klous offst stick burner and a weber charcoal with the sns basket waterpan, but she hates lighting and hates the lighting waiting part.
    Shes looking at propane grills, but I'm not a fan of the flavorless burgers.
    I'm under the impression that we could fire it up in the mornings and enjoy ribs and such, plus the benefit I'd have another smoker that I could do things with on the days I'm home and working in the shop without having to check on the stickburner every hour or so.
    I always rely on this groups ideas and suggestion, as thats why I'm a happy member of this great site!
    Thanks for y'all's thoughts and advise
    Dave

Yeah the 700 would work well. That said on a head to head comparison, the Silverbac offers a lot more for the money.

Comment

• Deeremaxx
      Deeremaxx commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that link, I like the grilla, now got more researching to do. Ha, I love it
      Dave

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Deeremaxx I think Z.C. is hoping that if he pushes Grilla enough they’ll send him one for free Grilla does appear to be good grills as do Recteq. So, both are probably solid options and spec materials thicker than most of the other imports. So, if you like the RT better, you’ll probably be happy with it and it will make food that tastes better than a gasser, except searing ability.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it is a shame that Grilla is not a member here. 🤣

I have had a RT-700 for over 2.5 years now. I love it for low and slow meat smoking. Not so much for hot and fast. Recteq sells it as a do anything cooker. And some who have them say it is. But I feel there are much better options for that type of cooking. Flattop griddle, gas grill with grill grates to name a couple.
    Last edited by Jfrosty27; October 10, 2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Deeremaxx
      Deeremaxx commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got the grill grates for my weber too. Thanks for the repy
      Dave

• GroceryBoy
      GroceryBoy commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with #Jfrosty27. I have 2 RecTec 680’s, which is the previous model to the 700. One 5yrs one 7yrs. Reliable, great customer service, great for low ‘n slow but I would look for other options for hot ‘n fast.

• RAGBBQ
      RAGBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree. I use my RT-700 for low and slow, but use my Weber Q2200 or WSCGC for high heat cooks. The RT-700 takes a while to heat up to high temps.

Pellet rigs have the push-a-button convenience of gas grills but more precise temp control and a bit more flavor with their smokey air. In my opinion they trump gassers in nearly every way, at least the ones that have a higher temp for hot & fast grilling. Their con may be that many are not the best at searing. Some are equipped for searing too. I love my Silverbac for burgers and a host of other things. You'll have a lot less smoke flavor than you're used to with the Klous and the SnS, but you gain the hands-off convenience.

Comment

• Deeremaxx
      Deeremaxx commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your input!
      Dave

TBH I haven’t tried burgers on my silverback yet. I just have been doing them on my Weber genesis. For me it came down to the 700 and the silverback and I would say that yes you absolutely can do burgers on it. I also have a Traeger 575 and we’ve done burgers on those. Turned out great

Comment

If you want the convenience of pellets but still want to use charcoal, there is always the MB560.

I wanted to link this older thread here for new folks. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/charcoal-cabinet-smokers-and-gravity-feed-smokers/misc-ab/826333-masterbuilt-gravity-560-review

Comment

For a straight burger cooker, there's not much sub-2.5K that can meet the challenge and be worth it. I'd look at the RecTeq bullseye or the smaller Weber Smokefire if the primary job is grilling.

The MAK 1 star comes standard with the flamezone now which is a great grilling setup, but its super expensive for just burgers. Fast Eddys Cook Shack PG500 can grill over a small area and is 100% stainless, but the actual grilling area is small like the RT700. Both of these will last a lifetime, and have the price to match.

Comment

• Deeremaxx
          Deeremaxx commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree
          Dave

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here