Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a bad Father's Day haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bad Father's Day haul

So, I did pretty well this Father's Day. My sons (age 11 and 13) got me a 1 sq. foot plot of land in Scotland, which according to the paperwork, I can fish and hunt on my land and also claim the title of Lord. My daughter made me a candy basket. And, oh yeah, my wife bought me a RecTeq RT-700 AND a RT-B380 Bullseye. They're both sitting in boxes in my guest room right now until I get the time to put them together, which probably won't be until the weekend of the 4th. I'm super excited, though. My current pellet grill is a Oklahoma Joe Rider DLX, and I think the new one is going to be orders of magnitude better.

Awesome! I have an RT-700. Absolutely love it! Be sure to go to the owners forum in addition to here. Lots of great info there.

Comment

I was going to suggest a grill for the 1 sq ft plot, but, alas, the Smokey Joe is too large.

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        This! This is the answer!

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        But where will you stand while grilling on the chimney?

• prepperjack
        prepperjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I like how y'all think. Maybe I can make an treaty with the surrounding Lords that they can use my chimney starter "grill" if they also let me stand on their lands while using my grill. This is how world peace begins, gentlemen.

You’ve got a great family! Congrats on a good day!

Comment

You have an awesome family. I wonder if your wife took advantage of the Black Friday deal with the free Bullseye or was it some kind of super hot gas Rec Tec.

Comment

• prepperjack
          prepperjack commented
          Editing a comment
          She got it as part of a promotion that they're having now - $100 off the Bullseye if you buy the Bull or the BFG.

Happy Father’s Day, Laird Prepperjack! Enjoy the new cookers!

Comment

Congrats on your new smoker! Great Fathers Day gift there from your wife. Be sure and post pics. Also….do we need to start addressing you as Lord Prepperjack? And should we bow when we see you, or will a simple curtsy suffice?

Comment

• prepperjack
            prepperjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm still working on the conventions and expectations - This was all thrust upon me quite suddenly. Once completed I'll be sure to send PDF copies to everyone.

That is quite a haul you raked in, Lord prepperjack ! You are going to enjoy those Recteq cookers for sure. Great family and generous wife you have there! I would recommend hanging onto them!

Comment

Wow, now that's a Father's day!! Obviously a lot of love coming your way. Good job dad

Comment

In Scotland so you have to hunt and fish on one foot?

Comment

• gcdmd
                gcdmd commented
                Editing a comment
                You may need a super long pole, too, if your land isn't close to the water.

• morganjim
                morganjim commented
                Editing a comment
                Won't work if he drinks like he's Scottish. He needs another plot right next to his.

• prepperjack
                prepperjack commented
                Editing a comment
                morganjim My maternal grandparents were Irish, and my paternal grandparents were Scottish, so.......

Years ago I used to listen to "Sgt. Preston of the Yukon" on the radio and later watch it on TV. At one time there was a promotion in which you got a small (1 square inch maybe) of land in the Yukon by sending in box tops from Quaker puffed cereal. I don't remember if I ever did it or not.

BTW, the TV version was actually filmed around Aspen. The buildings were in a "town" near Aspen called Ashcroft. It's now a tourist attraction. Years ago, I cross country skied from Aspen to Ashcroft and had dinner at a restaurant there.

Also, there is, or at least used to be, a kennel at Snowmass that housed descendants of the sled dogs used in the TV show.
              Last edited by gcdmd; June 21, 2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• prepperjack
                prepperjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I read something about that a few years ago. IIRC, it was Quaker Oats and they divided a piece of land they bought in the Yukon for $1,000. I think the all the deeds were made worthless (not that they were ever really worth anything) when the land company went defunct and the land reverted back to the Canadian government.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here