Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I pulled the trigger on RT-700!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pulled the trigger on RT-700!

As the title says, I pulled the trigger on the RT-700. I was dead set on a charcoal grill, perhaps a gravity fed, but the looks of this thing got me convinced.
    And I am planning to make it a built-in, bought a 40 inch grill cabinet for it that would hopefully accomodate the new 🐂.

So, current owners, what do I need to be aware off. Tips tricks and any recommendations welcome for burn-in, installation, etc...

Looking forward to joining the family!

Congrats on the new cooker.

Comment

If you haven't done so, join the forum for the new grill. Lots of good people over there and plenty of tips, tricks and recommendations. I have the 700 as well and visit the site often.

Comment

Welcome to the family! You are going to love the ease and versatility. I made 5 Margherita pizzas on mine last night and thinking about a Swineapple this weekend.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure what you are drinking in your aviator, but it does not look like PBR.

No problemo, with a pellet grill, they may just ruin you for any other cooker.
        So happy Grilling to you and Post Bbq Review too.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; June 3, 2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I have nothing to add other than my brother owns one and sings it’s praises all the time. I did help him put it together and was really impressed with the build quality. If I were to get a pellet cooker, it’s the one I likely would go with.

Comment

I’ve had my RT-700 for two years now. Can’t praise it enough. I use it by far the most in my fleet of cookers. It’s just so damn easy!

A couple things:

It does cook a little hotter on the right side (the exhaust stack side)

The phone app can be a little wonky at times. Particularly with notifications.

After burn in, verify the temperature at the grate level with a reliable temperature monitor. Mine was off by about 30 degrees from the set/displayed temperature. The RT-700 has a feature that allows you to adjust it to match actual to displayed temp called offset adjustment. Really easy. There’s a YouTube video from Recteq on how to do it.

Lots of great info over on the owners forum.

Welcome to the club and enjoy your new smoker!

Comment

Originally posted by PSU85 View Post
              If you haven't done so, join the forum for the new grill. Lots of good people over there and plenty of tips, tricks and recommendations. I have the 700 as well and visit the site often.
              Do you mind PM'ing me the link? Not sure which forum you refer to.

Thank you!

Comment

• RAGBBQ
                RAGBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Please send the link to me as well. Thank you!

Originally posted by Jfrosty27 View Post
              I’ve had my RT-700 for two years now. Can’t praise it enough. I use it by far the most in my fleet of cookers. It’s just so damn easy!

A couple things:

It does cook a little hotter on the right side (the exhaust stack side)

The phone app can be a little wonky at times. Particularly with notifications.

After burn in, verify the temperature at the grate level with a reliable temperature monitor. Mine was off by about 30 degrees from the set/displayed temperature. The RT-700 has a feature that allows you to adjust it to match actual to displayed temp called offset adjustment. Really easy. There’s a YouTube video from Recteq on how to do it.

Lots of great info over on the owners forum.

Welcome to the club and enjoy your new smoker!
              Great tips, thank you so much!

Comment

Congrats on your new cooker!

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the RecTeq family. I've had my RT-680 for many years now and I have upgraded the controller to their new wifi, and also the burn pot. It's been working flawlessly.

Comment

Pullin the trigger is always good! 🕶

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                      Dadof3Illinois commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Unlike pulling your finger!!!...😂😂

WARNING! your annual meat budget just doubled. You will not have a freezer full of uncooked meat. But a freezer full on vac packed fully cooked goodness. You will be testing/experimenting new recipe's. Your family will now be bugging you as to what's the next great thing coming off the smoker. Neighbors will be watching you more and keeping a watchfull eye on your cooks.

Buyer beware, I can back up these claims,
                    Rec Tec 680 bought March 2017

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker. I have had my 680 for almost 7 years and enjoy how easy it is to use. My wife has even made some dishes (meatloaf, salmon, baked beans) because all she has to do is push the button. One thing I do is to add a Traeger pan liner on the drip tray with a disposable cookie sheet right below whatever I am cooking. My grease bucket has never seen grease although it hangs there just in case. Good luck with your learning process on this cooker.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! A new toy is always fun!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here