Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Beauty of a Pellet grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beauty of a Pellet grill

The "set it and almost forget it" function of a pellet grill can make your day.
    Sunday is our Sunday-goto Meeting day on Zoom 10-12, and I wanted to smoke three racks of ribs.
    7:30 rib prep
    9:20 pressed start on Pellet grill
    9:45 ribs on and smoking
    meeting time
    12:45 wrap ribs
    2:00 unwrapped and sauced
    2:45 ribs-b-done
    Potato Salad for the side
    Bartered 1, 1/2 racks for 4lbs of Whiskey Pulled Pork.
    Mama, son, and I went for our 2-mile walk.
    It was a bright sunny day in the neighborhood.
    I truly hope your weekend was just as fun if not more so.

Happy Grilling to you.

So when did PBR fit in with all of this?

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Max Good I checked all the stores and unfortunately could not find Miller High Life Lite. I'll keep looking but I think it's probably a regional thing.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      I f you have a fav liquids store, ask them to bring some in for you. If you like PBR, as I do, I bet you'll go for MHLL!

That’s a perfect example of why I love my pellet smoker too. So easy and reliable to produce great Q. Thx for sharing.

Comment

So true, I smoked a pork shoulder today in my charcoal vertical smoker and had to babysit it due to the weather. My first words when my wife asked how it was going was " I should have cooked it in the pellet grill". Love my pellet grill.

Comment

Originally posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
        So when did PBR fit in with all of this?
        You just need to look more closely:

7:30 rib prep with PBR
        9:20 pressed start on Pellet grill with PBR
        9:45 ribs on and smoking with PBR
        meeting time with PBR
        12:45 wrap ribs with PBR
        2:00 unwrapped and sauced with PBR
        2:45 ribs-b-done with PBR
        Potato Salad for the side with PBR
        Bartered 1, 1/2 racks for 4lbs of Whiskey Pulled Pork with PBR
        Mama, son, and I went for our 2-mile walk with PBR
        It was a bright sunny day in the neighborhood with PBR

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, these tired old eyes have trouble with fine print!

• Rfhd69
          Rfhd69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haaaaaaaa

I do love my PP er.. pooper... um.. Camp Chef DLX24. Yeah, that's it.

Comment

Pellet grills are great. I tell all my friends that have no clue on how to manage a fire to buy one. I tell them their a step up from a easy bake oven. How can you go wrong - just plug and play.

The guys (two of them) have been very happy with their purchases (Tragear & Rec Tec). Another friend, his wife bought him a 22” WSM, is a bit scared of it. His first smoke was a 26 lb turkey on Thanksgiving . Let’s just say it was a bit overwhelming.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            26 lb for first attempt? Wow. Did any of them live?

• TripleB
            TripleB commented
            Editing a comment
            HawkerXP - Yes, they lived and nobody got sick. I saw a pic of of the turkey. It was as black as night.

I love my pellet pooper, but my WSCG will do that too.

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            Other than start up time I agree, my WSCG is just as hands free and stable on temps once it’s going as any pellet grill I’ve had.

If you want more smoke check out smoke daddy’s heavy D heat diffuser. It replaces the original. Put this 1 in it’s place and add wood to each side of the diffuser. Just got my new smoke daddy 1190 with it and it produces quite a bit of smoke.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here