Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASMOKE Portable Pellet Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASMOKE Portable Pellet Cooker

Been attacked with ads lately for the ASMOKE pellet cooker and wonder if anyone has experience with it. I have a Green Mountain Davy Crockett I wanted to use as a portable option in the camper and well unless you have help moving it in and out of restricted spaces it isn't really portable because of size and weight. So this looked to be a bit more portable.

ASMOKE AS300 Portable Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker 256 SQ. IN. w/ Star (asmokegrill.com)

Quite a few reputable brands have or are working on a portable pellet smoker, maybe this will be a hit, maybe it won't, but until they establish themselves a warranty doesn't mean anything. I suppose since you have the Davy Crocket you had already looked at the Camp Chef Pursuit and the Grilla Chimp, Traeger has one as does RecTec(Q), PitBoss has one, and MAK has been working on one forever supposedly... but nothing for sale yet. Dunno how well any of those work, but all of them are touted to have great support and honor their warranties.

But if people have good experiences with this new brand I'd love to be able to add them to the list of places I point my friends for a new toy

Comment

Looks rather interesting. If I was looking for a portable pellet pooper I would be considering it.

Comment

I've seen this unit being sold under several different brand names. Tells me it's a Chinese built item that the actual manufacturer Will distribute through anybody. As noted above, be careful in terms of warranty support as a result.
        Last edited by Jfrosty27; February 4, 2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I bought one during their "Campaign" on Indiegogo. I got to use mine about six times. Then on the Smoke setting, it started to add pellets to the fire pot every few seconds. The temperature essentially begins to "runaway". I have to turn it off for fear it lighting on fire. I have called the number on the back. There is no answer until it hits a answering service with no identification at all. I left three messages over several days. Nothing. I have sent seven emails to [email protected]. Again, nothing. At this point, it is a boat anchor. Five year warranty? I think not. Do not buy this. I have found quite a few people out there with similar problems and they are unable to get any type of support. The only thing they seem to care about is selling more.

Comment

• cgrover60
            cgrover60 commented
            Editing a comment
            Why am I not surprised? Good heads up.

Thanks for the warning. I am looking for a table top for the 5th wheel and looking hard at Pit Boss 150. I've seen several Youtube's on it and may get one to play with., Anyone heard negatives vibes on it?

Comment

It looks a lot like the Traeger Scout I got for the RV. It works pretty good as a grill, but forget low and slow. It won’t hold low temps at all. I talked with Traeger and they told me it was too small for low temps. So I bought a Grill Chimp to replace it, but while it will fit in the RV basement, I am not going to wrestle with putting it down there. We travel with a tow vehicle, and I’ll put it there.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here