Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke Daddy pellet pooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Daddy pellet pooper

Has anyone used a Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro 1190? Seems like a great pellet pooper, but I never heard of it until today. Any information would be great

Tom Horseman has reviewed their vertical cooker on his channel. Really seems like a solid built product. I would be curious to hear if others have experience as well.

Comment

I cannot comment on their cookers, although I have read many good reports. I did purchase their controller upgrade my Camp Chef DLX. They sell a number of upgrade products that were originally targeted at the Traeger market. CC and Traeger, at the time (2016) used non-PID, timed controllers. The SmokeDaddy upgrade provided a PID controller that helped mitigate the huge temp swings I was having with the CC. They also sell direct sear inserts that fir a number of Traeger-style cookers, but it is a bit of a hassle to me - required swapping the diffuser setup between a smoke mode and a direct fire mode.

Comment

- My neighbor Tom across the street took delivery on one just prior to Christmas. I know he must of done his homework because the neighborhood (5 houses) joke is he is the tightest person we all know (tongue in cheek). - - He is a great guy who shares everything.
        I seen the grill late at night on day of delivery and it was a nice unit.
        - His reports to "our gang" have been excellent. While I have been sidelined from surgery he has cooked me up a bone in center cut porkloin (delicious), babybacks (not to shabby) and my first steak off a pellet grill (way better than expected).
        - Tom has some skills and I only hope I can match his efforts on the "SOB" (Some Other Brand) pellet grill I purchased and had delivered to Fl.

Comment

The reviews I found are really good. Guess MCS is going to strike again later this week

Comment

glitchy might be in the market

Comment

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, I have my eyes on something else already. I have no doubts the Smoke Daddy would be a good pellet grill though...they've been making better controllers than Traeger for Traegers for a number of years.

• grillinglousiana
              grillinglousiana commented
              Editing a comment
              i am really thinking about the smoke daddy pro sidekick...i have no real need for a pellet grill,,have 12 others allready...but darn looks like it would be anice travel rig..

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here