Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit-Boss 1150: Can Non Pre-Set Temperatures Be Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit-Boss 1150: Can Non Pre-Set Temperatures Be Set

Happy 2021 everyone!

I bought the new Pit-Boss 1150 (PB1150PS2) pellet smoker on December 30, assembled it on January 1, and used it on January 3. So far, it seems better than my Pit-Boss 1100 Pro Series, especially with the built-in PID controller, Bluetooth, and WiFi. However, I have a concern.

The continuous rotary temperature dial would makes it seem that you should be able to set any temperature within the specified 180F to 500F range. However, I found out that only factory pre-set temperatures (200/225/250/300/350/400/450/500) are selectable. There appears to be no way to set in-between temperatures such as 275F, 325F, whatever the user desires. Also, I concur with other users that the "SmokeIT" app needs major improvements, such as showing both the current and set temperatures simultaneously.

Does anyone know if Pit-Boss has or is working on a firmware update to allow a fully selectable temperature range between 180F and 500F? If not, does anyone know of a work-around that would allow this behavior and does not involve replacing a control board?

I find it disappointing that, with the major upgrades of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and bottom ash-cleanout, that Pit-Boss would not allow the user to be able to select any temperature within the specified range.

Thoughts?

Take care.
    -Z

Interesting question. Pit Boss Grills is a subsidiary of Dansons, Inc. I would call them and ask.

Comment

I picked up a Pro Series for Christmas @ Lowe’s, wasn’t worried about the bluetooth and WiFi because I already have a Fireboard. At this point I’ve probably cooked on it 10 times and figured out that the temp it says it is at and the fireboard usually disagree. It does hold a steady temp and it’s internal thermometer is very close @ 70 degrees outside. When it’s colder outside screwing the top vent down increases the temp inside and opening it all the way will decrease, there is roughly 10 degrees between open and closed.

I haven’t tried anything @ 275, If I did I would try to heat up 250 if I wanted to ‘smoke’ or cool down 300 if it was something I wanted to bake. 350 for the initial burn in wavered constantly between 325 and 375, just like the oven inside. 225 is pretty steady and there is smoke every few minutes.

For something that takes a while like a brisket you could switch the temp back and forth every 30 minutes to average 275. so far almost everything I’ve tried I’ve had turn the temp down to have it finish up at the same time as the sides in the house. That’s a good problem I never had before.

Comment

Call 1-{877}303-3134 customer service number
        I assume that you have 5-year warranty. explain your problem and they will send you the upgrade
        There is also a new app called pit boss
        App | Pit Boss® Grills (pitboss-grills.com)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here