Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coyote Pellet Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote Pellet Smoker

Has anybody tried one? Like just about everything I am hearing about it, but no places in my area carry this or Memphis.

It looks like it's trying to replace the Twin Eagles or the Memphis, so built more for grilling first, then smoking. It is made in China (not necessarily a huge negative, but at this price point it's worth considering) so you're paying more than an American made MAK or Pitts and Spitts to get less cooking space. Looking at it, the biggest concern I have is the hopper is only 15lbs and double feeds using 2 augers, while this may be excellent for grilling (I can't find a review that isn't paid for) it's gonna be iffy on overnight smokes during the winter. The other thing is, the largest version supposedly only weighs 180lbs, that's awfully light so the SS is likely very thin. Their gas version, same design has some very unhappy customers who went to Twin Eagles or MAK after and are much happier

Comment

I hadn’t heard about this brand so I took a look at it online. Nice looking! But a bit pricey. At least for me anyway. Good luck with your research.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs View Post
        It looks like it's trying to replace the Twin Eagles or the Memphis, so built more for grilling first, then smoking. It is made in China (not necessarily a huge negative, but at this price point it's worth considering) so you're paying more than an American made MAK or Pitts and Spitts to get less cooking space. Looking at it, the biggest concern I have is the hopper is only 15lbs and double feeds using 2 augers, while this may be excellent for grilling (I can't find a review that isn't paid for) it's gonna be iffy on overnight smokes during the winter. The other thing is, the largest version supposedly only weighs 180lbs, that's awfully light so the SS is likely very thin. Their gas version, same design has some very unhappy customers who went to Twin Eagles or MAK after and are much happier
        I didn’t love the MAK look, which i realize is subjective, but am happy to see the premium pellet market increasing.

Their gas line does have some negative reviews, but honestly have seen that about every lineup out there. I’m leaning towards Memphis Elite, but wish more options existed in the marketplace.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          (Arrow) If you go Memphis try to source one of the older US made ones, alot of folks are unhappy with the newer models coming out of China (once again not the sole reason to not like something, just some quality control issues). I agree about the MAK though it does not scream "I'm a smoker" like Yoder and some other brands that I also think look a lot better. But the coyote, memphis, and twin eagles all also look like normal grills. What options are you looking for specifically?
          Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; January 2, 2021, 02:31 PM.

Temperature range being higher
        Full stainless
        Better grates
        dual fan
        double walled
        clean look

Certainly not new to pellets as we have had multiple and still do, but exploring our options as we redo our outdoor kitchen.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm just trying to think what I've come across that ticks your boxes, full stainless already narrows it down tight. Not many with dual fans, is there a specific reason you want that? Anyway, the ones that hit a lot but not all of your boxes Twin Eagles, Memphis, RecTec(q) 2500 (some parts painted), MAK 3 Star... P&S has a large all SS but don't think it has dual fans. Maybe there's a custom builder that could spec something for you?

Originally posted by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs View Post
        I know this post is a year old, but the Coyote Pellet Grill DOES NOT weigh 180 pounds. I got the 28" version and the thing is a heavy best! It weights a little over 275 pounds (actual weight, not shipping weight)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here