Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Star Grillz Pellet Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Star Grillz Pellet Smoker

I've been following up with Chris Goodlander at LSG about the progress on rolling out his long awaited pellet grill offering. I spoke with him during the summer and he was having some issues with getting the Fireboard controllers lined out and installed in his initial cookers. I visited his website and see that he is doing pre-orders and is already sold out on the smaller unit. He has promised me a demo walk through at some point, I may try to go see him over Thanksgiving week. Stay tuned, my prediction is this is going to turn out HUGE !!!!

Lone Star Grillz Pellet

Sure looks like a friendly beast! Might need one on my deck to test out....

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope your deck is made out of concrete. That thing will probably weigh in around 400lbs.

That thing is a monster. Good thing I am not a rich man, and my financing days are over lol

Comment

I am a little fuzzy on a couple of the features described, but this certainly does not sound like a "me too" product. A few innovations.

Comment

Steve. If you do go let me know. PM me. I will want you to ask him something for me.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Will do.

I would love to hear how you like it! I would have gotten one if I jumped in price point and they were available.

Comment

Very nice. Based upon the quality of build, I would have guessed a higher price point.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            You got it, $1895, and this is the small version. One thing to remember is build quality, all 10 ga. or better metal and cutting edge control (Fireboard). Pays for what you gets !!

I wonder when you can actually buy one? No matter to me as I am set in the pellet category. But kind of curious I guess.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm the same way. I have a custom P&S unit. I actually just blew a fan motor so I'm fixing mine after 3 years of use. Regardless a $40 fan motor is sure better than a new $1800 unit. Besides I want a gravity fed unit and a Santa Maria type grill (dream on right?) so pellet smokers are not on my radar screen. I just know this one will be killer.

actually, Me thinks up grade to this rather then a Traeger Timberline 850.
          Tell me a little more about the company, personal experience if possible.
          Thank you/

Comment

I keep my cookers in the heated garage and wheel them out to cook each time. Maybe Chris would like me to demo one in cold MN weather? Lol-Lol! I'm excited for your review Troutman .
            Last edited by Skip; November 14, 2020, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Since this is going to be a 1st for Fireboard and a 1st for LSG, I am sure there will be some issues with it when it is released that will come out. does anyone know if it will have multi-stage cooking ability like the Traeger Ironwood or Timberline models?

Comment

• jasoncross11
                jasoncross11 commented
                Editing a comment
                Interesting, I didn’t know that Traeger had a multi-stage cooking ability. In a few years, I will upgrade to this smoker. I love the quality of life features and look. I am sure they will work through the kinks after a few iterations.

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t think it’s a first for Fireboard, don’t they make Yoder’s controllers now?

I wonder if Troutman needs a long lost love child to provide back-light for his photos.

Comment

So is this Fireboard's first complete controller build? I know they have worked with Yoder before.

Thanks in advance,

Sweaty

Comment

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought they did the Yoder controller as well? Just part of it then?

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  my understanding was they had programming available in quite a few upcoming grills, but this was the first complete custom controller. But that's just from reading random internet peoples thoughts, nothing official.

Looks good keep us posted

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here