Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never cooked on a pellet grill - What's your go to recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For fast and tasty I do those Smithfield pork loins from Wallmart.
    The premartinated kind. They cook fast, and generally turn out surprisingly well.
    Just DO NOT overcook them!

Comment

Burgers - big half pounders. I like burgers, but I’m not a huge fan like lots of people, I usually order fish, chicken, sausage at a bar and grill or fast food joint. That being said, pellet grill burgers are my favorite burgers. Cook at 375-425. Next in line would be meatloaf and pork butt probably. I put ribs on the WSCG when I want the best I can make. They’re just ok to me on a pellet grill (and you know I’m a pellet junkie).

What kinda pellet grill is it? A lot of longer cooks do better at 200-225 for the first couple hours at least to get more smoke on many poopers.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what kind yet.

Chuck Roast! Love me some chuckies.

Comment

I've done all of the above on my pellet pooper and have had good results, but like Lonnie I find that I use it more for baking with a kiss of smoke. Meathead's Crack 'n Cheese is really good from the PP as well as tater tots, meat loaf, lasagna, and ABT's. Let us know what you decided and what your thoughts are.

Comment

I'm in the camp of treating it just like an outdoor oven. If a good smoke flavor isn't important, then anything will be good.

Comment

There’s always peanut butter, just keep the jelly cold, makes fer a delicious lunch.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              PBJ's absotively, posilutely ROCK !!!!!!

'Tis indeed Big Fun to variously toast yer bread, pan fry it, griddle it, etc., usw. ...

Truth be told, it's not uncommon if'n I use bacon grease to pan-toast my toast, if I go that route...

I tend to lean t'wards some cool jellies. an such, though...

I've got 2 pellet burners, and the type of controller and what flavor/brand of pellets you use will make a big difference in how much smoke you get. PID controllers that keep the temp nice and even are all the rage, and I'm amused by the people who are distraught because their smoker varies temps by more than 10 degrees. Oh, The Horror! But when the temp swings you get more smoke. My Original Grilla with an old dial controller gets more smoke than my digital Blaz'n Grid Iron. Then again, the design of the Grilla also make a difference. Unlikely that's what you'll have to work with. But again, the pellets will make a big difference.

That being said, I don't have much new to add. For 2 years I used my pellet burners for everything. This summer I started using the gasser for more hot and quick foods, using the pellet burners for the low and slow stuff. Pork butt, ribs, brisket, thick cut pork chops and salmon. Meat loaf and low and slow burgers are also good. I've done a couple of beef sirloin roasts recently, to an IT of 135, and then thin sliced, that my wife loved.

Comment

Well, I pulled a full packer brisket out of the freezer it's around 10 pounds. Wish me luck or offer me advice.This is probably going to be dinner next Thursday.

Comment

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm assuming you have already looked at the recipe/instructions on the free side. Here are some instructions from this side which helped me immensely. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...brisket-method

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, Bogy I know how to cook a brisket what's new is using a pellet grill. There's a first time for everything.

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                Attjack, the only difference between a pellet burner and any other smoker/cooker, is that the pellet burner is easier to set the temp you want to cook at than some other smokers/cookers. Just do what you always do, and it'll be fine. Not really all that different.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here