Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never cooked on a pellet grill - What's your go to recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never cooked on a pellet grill - What's your go to recipe?

I'm heading to the coast where I'll have access to a pellet grill. What are the best things to cook on pellet grills?

Pork Ribs.

Comment

I second that, pork ribs or as an alternative roasted chicken.

Comment

Third that. WIBS!

Comment

beer can chicken.

Comment

Sorry I cain't offer any ideas, Brother...

Never played with one, afore.

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              I luv me Pellet Grill, "The Lazy Man's 'Stick Burner'!"
              Grind Sticks into sawdust then formed in to pallets.

Sounds like ribs are running away with it.

Comment

Around here it’s a tossup between pork ribs (rubbed with MMD and sauced with either Sweet Baby Ray’s or Bullseye) or chicken thighs (rubbed with S&G). Pizza is a close third.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll probably do my own rib recipe but since I would be doing multiple racks MD does sound like a good idea. When it comes to pizza I might have a hard time going back from 900f 3 minute pies.

Brisket and ribs in one big cook

Comment

Pork steaks cut from pork butt are easy, quick (as far as bbq goes) and foolproof.2-2.5 hours are 240 does them well. Give a generous coating of your favorite pork rub and turn over about 1:30 into the cook.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                  Jfrosty27 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup that’s another good one. I do theseall the time.

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A fave here, as well...I likeys smashed taters, gravy, an green beans with bacon n onion in, to make me a happy meal, plus some biscuits, or either some cornbread...
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 6, 2020, 08:07 PM.

Not a recipe but I always thought chicken parts tasted better on a pellet grill.

Comment

Can't go wrong with pork butt.

Comment

I take the opposite approach. The pellet grill is not much of a smoker as they really don't smoke much. I treat it as the best outdoor oven I have. So absolutely anything that you would normally cook in your indoor oven, your outdoor pellet grill will make it better.

Comment

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's similar to how I view my kamado.

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Point well made, My Brothers!

So very good to see yer shinin face, if even only briefly...
                      Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 18, 2020, 07:24 PM. Reason: s

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I should add that do consider my kamado a smoker but that I also view it as an outdoor oven.

My regulars that often make it to the week night menu are, chicken,(both parts and whole) meatloaf, and steaks. If you want to amp up the smoke flavor, I highly recommend a smoke tube like this. Fill it with the wood chips of your choice, light it up with a propane torch, and enjoy. Rib, brisket, and pulled pork are all in easy grasp.

Comment

Big fan of spatchcocked chicken. Dry brine overnight then cook at 350. Also love love love beef short ribs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here