Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to order custom aluminum foil lengths approx. 36" long??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to order custom aluminum foil lengths approx. 36" long??

Something pre-cut like a roll of paper towel.

Tis for my pellet grill pan. I either cut it 1 ft too short or 3 ft too long.

Not sure about pre cut but assuming you are not doing this at the cooker, kitchen? Find something in the kitchen that length or close to it. Like a section of countertop to use as a guide.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the back-up plan but having it measured at the cooker is the goal.

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just use a tape measure and pre-cut lengths to fit my pellet cooker pan. I cut a bunch in advance and have them at the ready when I need them.

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Jfrosty27 that would be nice if I could store without losing it

Yardstick??

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Got a stainless, I think.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      A yard stick seems perfect. I think the rolls are 20" though. I can’t remember. How wide is your pan? I’ll check when I get to work today. We have varying sizes

Kingsford has precut sheets, but they're 14" x 10". You might check with a restaurant supplier like Sysco or Ben E Keith.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      I would but $250 per foot ain't gonna cut it (get it? cut it)

How much money ya got? Plus shippin n handlin, lemme see.
    I’ll git back to ya.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      So I'm broke from moving

If it's going to you.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll git back to ya. 😑

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Geez Jerod. Rough stretch! Sounds like you need an adult beverage or two. Hope things turn upwards for you soon.

- Not a pellet guy myself...yet, but want one. Have you given any thought to a reusable drip tray liner like Smokin Brothers offers. Offered in a couple of sizes.
    - It would require cleaning not as easy as just tossing the aluminum foil but I do understand your angst with the aluminum foil. I had my right wrist fused 7 years ago after a couple of unsuccessful ligament reconstructive surgeries. Aluminum foil and plastic wrap toy with me at every opportunity.

Comment

• hogdog6
      hogdog6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Let us know what you think. They look like a great idea. tiewunon do you use them.

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      hogdog6 I am sorry I do not use them. I do not have a pellet grill yet. I am still in the pellet grill research phase and remembered seeing the reusable drip tray cover as an option and the light went on over my "marble head".

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard I hope they work out for you. I have no working knowlege of their efficacy, but am looking forward to your comments on usage. I have 2 gassers (Holland & Phoenix) with full drip trays where foiling is a no go. To clean I have to scrape down after usage. Too super clean I close drip tray valve add 1 gal of hot water to tray and fire up grill. This cleans the drip tray great. But you still have to drain funky water when done. That method is not an option with pellet grills.

I stand in front of my pellet grill with the lid up and pull out foil until it’s long enough. I guess you could take the drip tray out and put foil on it before you put it back in. I haven’t had a problem.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      I'll report back on the liners. I've tried all the ways.

I lined mine with foil for a while but it started not making sense to me why I was doing this. I can either clean up the liner which is just crumpling it up and throwing it away. Or I can give the drip pan a few passes with a 6" putty knife and that's clean. It's really very little difference in time and the drip pan itself is reusable for as long as the rest of the cooker lasts.

Comment

I get the huge roll of heavy duty foil at Sam's and take the drip pan out, put the front edge of the foil box at one end, pull a few inches longer than the pan to tuck under, and cut it off. I've tried going across the pan with a couple of pieces, vs. the long ways and it works but not as well I don't think. Let us know what you figure out.

Comment

You want the foil sheets to be 36" x what?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here