Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go!!!

After spending the past few years actually believing I had maxed out on my BBQ equipment needs I got a surprise this morning.

I've been looking at the Fast Eddie PG500 for the past 6 months just wondering if it would offer a little something different in the line up.
    I do have a step into the pellet grill world with the Memphis Pro I have had for the past 8 years but just quite never warmed up to it for some reason.

My wife actually gave me the go ahead as an early Fathers Day gift so here I go-----just spoke to the local dealer and he has them in stock. Just not sure he can make the delivery today, and closed tomorrow on Sunday.

Might be a used, well cared for Memphis Pro for sale in my neighborhood shortly.

Any negative feedback on the PG500 that I should be aware of before doing this AGAIN!!!???

The Fast Eddies are probably the most unique pellet grill on the market, I was leaning towards one in my final 5 list, but I just wouldn't have used it to it's full potential. I don't remember any negative reviews or discussions about it other than people who didn't comprehend the zone design before buying. Also it's not insulated like the 1000, but honestly most of the year it doesn't matter. Hope to see your thoughts on it soon!

Comment

A buddy of mine got a PG500 about 4 years ago and loves it with no complaints. We toured the factory in Ponca City, OK and were impressed how everything was hand-made and they used high quality stainless steel. A great American company and very nice staff. As ItsAllGoneToTheDogs said, it's a very unique so be sure it meets your needs. It's an excellent high-quality product based on my buddy's experience.

Comment

Well hit a snag and won't be here until NEXT WEEK!!!
        It was sold out from under me while we were on the phone.
        Got it coming!

Comment

Well all good things come to those that waitl

Comment

Perseverance! Cool! Ye shall be rewarded!

Comment

Congrats - maybe delayed, but still...

Comment

Props to your wife for giving you the green light!

Comment

That looks like an interesting grill. Crazy expensive up here, but I’ll be interested to hear what you think of it once it arrives.

Comment

Wow. Nice Father's Day gift. You'll have a great time firing it up in time for Father's Day, if it arrives in time. Enjoy using it, Cheef .

Kathryn

Comment

Have fun with that New Fast Eddies Pellet Grill when it arrives. Be sure to post pictures and some cooks!

Comment

• Cheef
                        Cheef commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pictures are definitely a weak spot for me.

An update.
                      Better late than never. It looks like delivery tomorrow evening or sometime on Friday.
                      Just in time for the weekend.

Comment

Can't wait to see your experiences on it, not too many people that have them post here from what I've seen. I have a friend looking into pellet grills, but does a lot of multi item cooking and I think the FE would be perfect for his family so will definitely be watching your adventure.

Comment

Well the PG500 was just offloaded into the driveway. Too late to post pics, and too late to do the burnin tonight. Hopefully some pics on Saturday.

Comment

AND! It's raining!!!
                            I did manage to do the burn in last night and so far VERY impressed. The difference in the quality and quantity of smoke compared to the Memphis Pro is amazing.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                              Mr. Bones commented
                              Editing a comment
                              So glad it finally got there, an truly lookin forward to yer adventures, Brother!

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here