Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASMOKE Portable Pellet Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASMOKE Portable Pellet Grill

What are the chances of this thing being any good? The price is certainly right if it works, especially at the current early discount rates, but that doesn't mean it won't end up being end up being total junk. If it can provide halfway decent performance, seems like it would be a good choice for apartments/condos or homes where a full-size cooker isn't an option or for its portability. Wouldn't fit large cuts, but seems like it would be good for turkey breast, salmon, chicken, sausage, or even a chuck if it works. For that price, I'd usually be willing to take a chance and try one out, but not now while my wife and I are both working for reduced pay until things start to get back to normal.

I love the price slashing in sales with the super inflated "before slashed price." 5 year warranty so I guess that's good if they are still in business in 4.8 years. As long as they don't run out of apple trees.

Comment

The grill shown on the fund raising site is actually the Country Smokers Traveler pellet grill. Available at many places. I would be careful with this one!

Comment

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't have any stake in this, but while very similar, they are a bit different. The top on the Traveler is sloped on the front, but not sloped on the Asmoke. But the Asmoke has a food probe which the Traveler does not. I would bet they are made in the same factory though.

Small table top model. would be great camping, small cooks. Never heard of them.

Comment

Portable pellet smokers are nothing new. Established brands like Traeger, Green Mountain and Dansons Country Smokers are already on the market.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here