Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS Dillema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your wife sounds awesome!

Comment

• TJMagneto
      TJMagneto commented
      Editing a comment
      We'll see when I actually pull the trigger.

Sorry if I missed someone else mentioning it, but don't forget about Pitts & Spitts. If I were looking for a higher end pellet grill again, it would probably be a P&S Maverik or a Mak. Cookshack looks amazing, but I'm not sure I'd like the space limitations on the smoking area. I had a Memphis and it was a quality grill, but has to be kept spotless to avoid grease fires or never cranked up for grilling. As well, it's very unclear if the Pro and Elite are still truly made in the USA.

Blaz'n and Yoder both look very nice too, especially Yoder with the Fireboard controllers available now. My biggest hesitation with those is the potential upkeep on the paint. I don't want to be sanding and painting on a pellet grill every year. If a little maintenance like that doesn't bother you, both of those looks to be built like tanks.

Comment

• hogdog6
      hogdog6 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is some paint maintanence on the Yoder however the paint doesn't peel. To touch it up is very easy. What I like about it is that I cann easily keep it looking brand new. Powder Coat, Stainless, Enamel coated once scratched / chipped its there forever. I'm doing mine this weekend including a good deep clean that all pits should get frequently.

• TJMagneto
      TJMagneto commented
      Editing a comment
      And the Yoders weigh as much as a tank.

Trigger pulled and now I wait. I'd say what I bought but I live by the pix or it didn't happen rule. Stay tuned, delivery is looking it's gonna happen in July around the time of my birthday.

Comment

July?? Seriously, I read this whole thread knowing absolutely nothing about nothing and pellet cookers. I was hooked on your MCS. And now I have to wait.

I wanna talk to the manager. You should have disclosed we’d have to wait. I still know nothing about nothing and pellet cookers. I do like the sound of the "Flamezone" though. Huskee move his thread again. That’ll teach him.

I knew I should have started at the end. Oh BTW how much are the tags on that SR-71? Do you have to get a smog check?

Comment

• TJMagneto
        TJMagneto commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for the delay but I didn't know that until yesterday and I think it will be worth the wait. Regarding the SR the cost of the tags is classified. Smog checks aren't done as the test equipment disappears when the afterburners are lit.

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha, funny. HawkerXP Got a smog machine that can stand a little heat?

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand Thermoworks is developing a newer, higher temp probe. TJMagneto It can tell temp, weather you are using enough wood (smog) and what kind of wood. Oh. its also 20 feet long.

well congrats on whatever decision you made. i would have bought the one regardless of where its made that best served me and spent the left over on some seriously primo meats to cook on it, lol.

I too will be waiting in anticipation.

Comment

Your a man after my own heart, keep em wantin more. It’s fun seein them stew in their seats waitin in anticipation. So what kind did ya get?

Comment

• TJMagneto
          TJMagneto commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I got a ... Hey Now!!!

Update: Looks like my new pellet pooper is arriving this Friday instead of next month. The sad part is that I probably won't be able to do any cooking until the weekend after Father's Day. Gotta work at the hospital that weekend.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
          mountainsmoker commented
          Editing a comment
          You keep us guessing. This is fun. LOL

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          At least you could appease us by posting some pictures of the box.....

No real pix but here's the winner.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20200611-220446_Chrome.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	860826

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Great choice. You'll love it!

• hogdog6
          hogdog6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wahoooo. Great choice. Love my Yoder!
          Mines older and I think the igniter is going out but that doesn't effect my opinion one bit. 🔥
          Last edited by hogdog6; June 12, 2020, 06:49 PM.

Good Choice!

Comment

Sweet!
          Yoder builds some fine cookers!
          Congrats, Brother!

Comment

Nice. Can you loan me your wife's permission slip for a couple of days?

Comment

• TJMagneto
              TJMagneto commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably not gonna happen. Work's put her in a foul mood for the last few weeks. They changed the workflow for the mammography department due to Covington-19 and it is a major FUBAR.

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              TJMagneto work puts me in a foul mood on a regular basis, so I understand. Just thought I would ask, even though it wouldn’t be recognized around here

Nice the Yoder 640 is a beast.

Comment

Last post here to make the delivery official. Further stuff will go over to the Yoder channel.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200618_151302.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	865285

Comment

Exciting!!! Uncrate that sucker, season it and start cooking already

Comment

• TJMagneto
                  TJMagneto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sadly, I'm working this weekend.

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bummer. Next week then.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here