Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS Dillema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS Dillema

I had been telling my wife during the Pre-covid days that I was going to purchase a pellet grill. After a lot of research, foot dragging while being mocked by my wife for taking so long I told her the other day that I was going to buy a certain pellet pooper. She was cool with that until the unexpected happened. She asked me where it was made. I said "China." She imploded and told me that we aren't getting anything made in China. I gagged and told her that most stuff these days were made in China or assembled here from parts made in China. She asked me where Traegers were made, I told her China and virtually everything you see at Lowes and Home Depot are not made here. I then went on to tell her if we want to buy a Made in USA rig it is going to cost significantly more than those made in that other country. And she was okay with that. That's my dilemma. Now what? Don't need a big grill, it's just the two of us and maybe eventually a couple of guests. I'm leaning towards the MAK 1 although the price makes my head spin a little. How does that sound or any suggestions?
    Last edited by TJMagneto; May 16, 2020, 05:17 PM. Reason: Train of thought was derailed

Go for the MAK 1 Star. Completely made in the USA and one outstanding cooker. If you expect to also grill with it, be sure to get the upgraded Flamezone. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

• TJMagneto
      TJMagneto commented
      Editing a comment
      Flamezone just became a standard feature. And the price went up because of that.

Or....the Blaz N Grill. Made in Nebraska. http://www.blazngrillworks.com/ These catch my attention.

Comment

• TJMagneto
      TJMagneto commented
      Editing a comment
      Husker colors. Nice. My wife's family was originally from Nebraska.

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Be sure to,let us know which one you end up buying.

• TJMagneto
      TJMagneto commented
      Editing a comment
      Skip will do. Work has been a bit of a distraction from my MCS but I still hear the siren's call for buying a new rig.

You have a green light to get a mak or something equally as nice? You should do that immediately.

Comment

• TJMagneto
      TJMagneto commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm still in shock.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I think you should hurry up and get on the "awe" part - before something changes!

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with EdF. Hurry before it becomes "aw naw," which could happen at any moment.

You live but once...

I have been told NUMEROUS times that I AM NOT the person to ask in such situations...but...c’est la vie.

If the bills paid, and all other such sundry things are accounted for...go for it! It’s only money and they’ll make more...and you can earn more. I watched far too many of my friends die early...saving a wine for "special occasion" or some such, or otherwise denying themselves something for some arbitrary reason...even though there were no hardships to be surmounted and all of the bills were covered. But for some reason unknown to anyone but themselves, they backed down and now they’re gone...and their friends & family are drinking their wine...and shopping for grills because they thought that craptastic grill they got a deal on was good enough.

Sorry, end of rant.
    Last edited by surfdog; May 16, 2020, 05:58 PM. Reason: Added last line.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s it. I need more Wagyu in my life!!

You might also look at the Yoder YS480s. Made in USA.

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      I will second that. And maybe upsize to the YS640 made in Kansas

Beside Yoder, Mac and Blaz'n Grill already mentioned there are these four, others Blaz'n Grill, Cookshack, Smokin' Brothers and coming soon Lone Star Grillz
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; May 16, 2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Decide something quick before she changes her mind! 🤣😂
      Many good suggestions above!

Comment

Please remember, Off Topic is for talk that's not about cooking, cookers, food, fuels, etc. I've moved this to the Pellet Cookers > Other Pellet Cookers & Misc channel.

Comment

• TJMagneto
          TJMagneto commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoops. Thanks.

The Mak smokers are like sports cars. Ain't no way I'm paying that much $$ for that amount of space. But I'd gladly let you spend that money.

Comment

• TJMagneto
          TJMagneto commented
          Editing a comment
          Not going to be hasty here. Don't want to spend that kind of money if I don't have to. 💸
          Last edited by TJMagneto; May 17, 2020, 12:02 AM.

Found one more Smokin Brothers and a review https://www.grillace.com/smokin-brot...-grill-review/ Good luck on your selection
        Last edited by mountainsmoker; May 16, 2020, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Never an easy decision but how fun to get to pick!

Comment

• TJMagneto
            TJMagneto commented
            Editing a comment
            Decisions, decisions. In the meantime my vehicle wants attention first before pulling the trigger on my choice. Cha ching!

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, we understand. Finding tires and fixing fuel leaks on a SR71 can be expensive!

• TJMagneto
            TJMagneto commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL HawkerXP. How many planes do you know of that intentionally have leaky fuel tanks?

Yoder?

Comment

Nice problem to have, which American-made smoker to choose. Have fun thinking well on it and then pulling the trigger with an order. With delivery, the real fun will begin. Go for it--you deserve it.

Kathryn

Comment

I have a smokin brothers premier 36 and really like it. They are manufactured missouri 10 miles from where I live, and even use USA made steel. The Link below takes you through their manufacturing factory.

20K views, 534 likes, 38 loves, 153 comments, 107 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Smokin Brothers, Inc.: American Made? You bet ya... Let's take a factory tour!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here