Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have to cover your pellet smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OG Grilla owner... always covered when cool enough after use. Wife reminds me. But I cover my gasser when not in use and my new cooker as well, as soon as I assemble it.

Comment

As others have suggest, you should consider covering your pellet cooker. It does have electronic components and well.... leaving your cooker exposed will degrade it faster, as compared to protected from the elements.

Keeping pellets indoors in their original bags is a good idea, but before putting them away, take a look to ensure there isn’t any type of perforations in the bag that will compromise them. In fact, if you get the chance to inspect bags before you buy, do it. Refuse product exposed to elements, as they will not deliver what you expect. Once I open a bag, I store leftover unused pellets in a plastic dry bin, and that includes any unused in the cooker. I drain them out of the hopper right after I’m done cooking and we’ll before I call it a day.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I only cover my RecTec in the winter. I let it ride during the rest of the year and haven't had a problem yet, knock on wood.

Comment

I always believe in having a big shed over good tools.

Comment

I am fortunate to have plenty of garage space to keep all of my cookers indoors. However, if I did not have this option, all cookers would be covered. The investment we all have in these things warrant the extra step. The cost of a cover is far less than a new controller or auger system.

Comment

Currently my Yoder lives in a garage. My old Green Mountain lived undercover on my deck, however, I kept it covered too when it wasn't cooking to prevent stray moisture from getting on the pellets and to protect the electronics. Just my two pennies. Good luck on your search.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here