Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pellet smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet smokers

New to smoking and have a pellet smoker. Trying the clubs smoked beef brisket recipe. Does anyone use a pellet smoker?

There are many of us here. Is this your first cook? Pulled pork is very forgiving for a first cook. Just be sure to follow the instructions and pull when you get up to temp then rest the brisket. Wrap or no your choice. Enjoy.
    Take pictures.

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta.

Comment

I do briskets exclusively in the pellet pooper. They tend to become meteorites in my smokers if not wrapped (I don't like to wrap) and are often a little over-smoked for my tastes. They come out great and my family and friends rave about them.

However, I do pork in my smokers because I do enjoy the smokiness and added bark.

Comment

I’m sure you’ll get several replies & recommendations before long. Quite a few people here have them.

The only one I’ve used is my father’s Traeger. It cooks quite well...but lacks the smoke profile that I prefer.
        That was easily remedied by adding an A-Maze-N tube into the cooking chamber. Now getting that deeper smokiness is a breeze. So that would be my recommendation...but only if YOU find it needs a little "smoke lift."

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I see you found your way here. I do not have a pellet cooker.

Comment

I always cook my briskets in my pellet and they are well received. I personally think you get a nice balance of flavor between meat and smoke.

Comment

Love my traeger. You will really enjoy whatever brand you have
              Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                Those are some empty shelves you got there. Where's all of the clutter? I would expect waaay more clutter from a guy named Lazy Layne.
                Last edited by CaptainMike; January 27, 2020, 09:28 AM.

• Lazy Layne
                Lazy Layne commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha. Clutter is on other side

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome new guy. Although there are a lot of guys who could go into much detail on how to prepare a brisket on a pellet smoker, I'd advise doing some research on your own as well. Up at the top of the page is a search box. You'll notice a down arrow indicating a pull down menu. The last selection on that menu is Advanced Search. In Advanced Search, type in the key words box words like "pellet" and "brisket". When I did it returned 100 posts with that name combination. Some may be helpful, others not.

Good luck in your search and with that brisket !!

Comment

All I can say is I watched Aaron Franklin's PBS show yesterday on brisket and he makes one most excellent point - only change one thing at a time. That probably applies to all BBQ, but is really important when trying to tune in tricky expensive pieces of meat.

I only cook 2-3 briskets a year, so I'm still learning the art. I cook mine on pellet grills. Biggest thing for me was actually when I started wrapping in butcher paper (when the brisket hits about 160 degrees). It really seems to help with consistency.

...and Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Haven't done a brisket on a pellet, so I got nothing except welcome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here