Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traegar Tailgater vs Davy Crockett vs Rectec 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on the info from here and GMG cust service, the clearance room for the RT and the GMG seems to be the same... not sure why that one article showed a 16lb turkey... maybe it was more compact...

So it looks like the main differences are the Wifi and cost ($150 or more cheaper) vs More cooking space, rolling transport mode and the look (yeah its minor but its still a pretty bad ass look).

Comment

Actually the controller on the rec tec, if it's the same as the big one, will be far superior than anything. My big one stays dead on set temp.

Comment

I don't want to take anything away from the new RT Mini. But, for me and my trailer camping the DC wifi is still my choice. It is 220 sq in and weighs only 57 lbs. I know that will be to small for some but it is perfect for my use. Also with the stand it is a perfect height to work on. They are all good units and I would be proud to own any of them.

Comment

I decided to go with the Rec Tec Mini. It was a tough choice between that and the DC... in the end it came down to a few minor things that convinced me to spend the extra. I think both are great choices though. I didn't mind the extra weight and really wanted the wheels on it and the extra space. The Rec Tec people said they are working on a wireless add-on so I went ahead and pulled the trigger tonight. Thanks all for your help!

Comment

Congratulations! If the mini is anything like the big bull, we are going to both be very, very happy.

Comment

Revisiting this two year old thread for posterity sake. So after I posted this, I saw Max's KBQ review and fell in love and purchased that instead of the Rectec. Have loved it for years. But pellets have a happy ending. Found a Davy Crockett wifi for $170 on CL and bought it today. Best of both worlds!

Comment

• BriggsBBQ
                BriggsBBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that you have both what is your opinion of the DC on holding temp and such?

• Drbearsec
                Drbearsec commented
                Editing a comment
                Just got it today so haven't cooked with it yet. Will let you know once I do.

Originally posted by Drbearsec View Post
              Revisiting this two year old thread for posterity sake. So after I posted this, I saw Max's KBQ review and fell in love and purchased that instead of the Rectec. Have loved it for years. But pellets have a happy ending. Found a Davy Crockett wifi for $170 on CL and bought it today. Best of both worlds!
              Congrats on your DC. I have had one since they first came out. They are great when you don't want to light off the big one. I take it camping and cook biscuits, pies, pork butts, and ribs in it. I have also done mac and cheese. I have found you just can't pack it wall to wall. Th circulation gets messed up and temps get wacky. But, like everything else, it does a great job if you learn its idiosyncrasies.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here