Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitmaster Q3 by Mojack (Myron Mixon) issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitmaster Q3 by Mojack (Myron Mixon) issues

Hi y’all, I was given a Pitmaster Q3 by someone because it wasn’t working for him. He replaced the board, internal thermometer and the auger motor. Now, what it’s doing is you can start it up and it’ll smoke for like 10 minutes and then the fan shuts down and it doesn’t ever come back on. I picked it up hoping it would be an easy fix, so I cleaned it out and messed with the P settings, but I have no clue. Any ideas? Has anybody ran into this? Thanks in advance.

Bad fan

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
      Cubbiehawkbbqfan commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been wondering that also. I emailed the company that makes em and have asked. Going to see if that’s their thoughts and if so, try that. I’m not gonna dump much money into it, I got it for free and don’t really need it. Was thinking I’d try and fix it and maybe give it to my stepson.

Q3 has been discontinued for some time. As noted in my review - https://amazingribs.com/smoker/myron...ster-q3-review
    "Q3 is not made by Myron Mixon Smokers: it's made by Mojak, a company that manufactures mower lifts, hand trucks and other material handling products. Made cheap to sell cheap with a couple bells and whistles thrown in, Mixon's name is likely one of the more costly items on this lightweight device."

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
      Editing a comment
      I under stand it wasn't made by Myron. I got it for free, so I figure it's worth the shot. The good thing, they still service it or at least respond to the emails. I received one this morning asking for more info. I'm just trying to fix it up. If I can fix it and give it to my step son, then I think it's definitely worth a little time and work, lol. But, if they don't provide parts anymore, then I'll just gift it to the curb or someone more handy than me.

I do not think it is the fan. It it was the fan it would most likely not work when powered up. My guess is the the unit is receiving a flame out error, maybe erroneously, and shuting down because of that.
    Last edited by lostclusters; December 6, 2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
      Editing a comment
      I'm not seeing any errors pop up or anything. The fan just stops and temp drops and I can watch as the temp drops....

It could be a bad hot rod/igniter. I've heard some people say theirs shorted out when it went bad. Does the display shut of or display anything when it quits working? Could just be a junk controller too. From what I googled, looks like a pretty basic Traeger style controller. Maybe you could by another brand of controller. Hate to see you dump a bunch of money into it though if you can't identify the problem first. If you search Ortech controller on Amazon, you'll find what a number of people replaced Traegers controllers with for years and a bunch of other knock offs you could gamble on too.

Comment

• Cubbiehawkbbqfan
      Editing a comment
      I'm not seeing any errors pop up or anything. The fan just stops and temp drops and I can watch as the temp drops....The guy that I got it from said he replaced the control board, the internal thermometer and the auger...Not sure what else would be to replace other than the fan...It definitely ignites, but just shut's down...

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Man, so many things that it could be, but one thing that just came to mind is that it could be the auger assembly itself...something bent or out of alignment just slightly enough that when it gets hot it binds up the motor (many or most of these auger motors have fans on them too that would then stop).

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here