Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Pellet Smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Pellet Smoker?

I've seen this a couple of places today, but not here, unless its in a thread I missed. Supposedly its from an Ace Hardware ad, that an employee leaked. Little to no details except for the picture. Lots of criticism of the casters, and it looks like a very small hopper. Pellet grills are a rapidly growing segment of the market, and while a Weber employee said back in 2017, "We will never make a pellet grill" in a thread I read, "never" might look different 2 years later as pellet sales continue to grow.

With the growth in the market for pellet cookers, I couldn’t see Weber staying out indefinitely. Especially as they make nice companions to gas grills, of which Weber sells a lot.
    Last edited by Potkettleblack; August 21, 2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I have no clue if this is staged to get attention or a real leak of a real product, but I'll play along. Yeah the hopper looks tiny, but maybe it's not meant to be full-on pellet rig. Maybe it's pellet assist, or maybe most of the hopper is behind it like on the REC TECs and the pic is a deceiving angle.

Comment

Is Kettlefreaks a legit site? They have some pretty corny posts there and that photo looks pretty photoshopped. I’m a huge pellet and Weber fan, so would love to see this come true.

Comment

First thing they all say, "My hopper is bigger then yours!"

Comment

There's a big trade show this week. It will be interesting to see if anything is released at or after that.

Comment

From another forum I participate on. One of the guys, who is pretty tied in with the staff at his local Ace hardware, asked if they’d call their Weber rep and ask about this. They did. Sounds like Weber will be releasing a new pellet grill in January 2020.

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                There are other forums?

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                rwalters, my son manages a farm/fleet type store that sells grills and smokers (and Lumberjack pellets). Including Weber grills. He's the one that told me the buyers are at a big trade show this week. He has instructions to let me know as soon as he hears anything.

Not surprising Weber sees a niche in the market. Given their name recognition and their normal build quality I think it's a smart move for them. Even if there is a glut of pellets out there, they will test the waters and back out if it doesn't do well. Kettles will remain their bread and butter, so venturing off into other avenues only increases their brand.

Comment

If true, I wonder if they will make wood pellets too?

Comment

• Bogy
                  Bogy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Make or label.

If in fact Weber does come out with a pellet cooker, I wonder if it will have flippinn' probe ports!?
                Last edited by Rod; August 21, 2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My Genesis 330 has holes for a rotisserie and for something else... they all function for probe wires. Since they bought iGrill, my brother's Spirit II has a mount for an iGrill, plus a way to hard wire it to the structure (in addition to the rotisserie and second set of holes...

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here