Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pellet Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet Storage

Ok, I know this has been talked about by many, but I found what I thought was a decent deal on Amazon.
    I purchased two of these 25lb dog food containers for $15.

I really like them because they have a rubber gasket seal that runs around the lid to keep them air/moisture tight. I will feel better about storing these in my garage since it's always extremely humid out there. It says it will fit 25lbs of dog food, but I poured in 2 20lb bags of Grilla pellets last night and it fit perfectly. I won't be rolling it around too much, so hopfully the casters will hold up just fine.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190724_223121.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.10 MB ID:	720344
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190724_223126.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	720345

So far my Silverbac has kept the pellets dry in its hopper through two big rainy thunderstorms and another 2 cruddy rainy days. However, this is of course rolling the dice since they will surely absorb humidity and swell soon enough. I am testing all aspects of the grill, including neglect! Nice deal on some containers.

Comment

That is a nice deal, I think. I've been using these and keeping them outside under the house eaves up next to the exterior house wall.

But I'm in Texas so its not overly humid (present year exception!).

The dog containers are probably more air tight, but these ziplock ones have a pretty decent seal. Never had any problems with the pellets taking on water.

Comment

I use these Kingsford bins for partial bags. Full unopened bags go on my deck box. Buddeez Kingsford Kadddy Charcoal Dispenser for 24 lb. Bags https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQE1QT2...mazingribs--20

Comment

I have the same ones as BigCountryQ . We originally bought them for dog food so I picked up a couple more. Just be careful, I've already busted a caster on one of them. You're left with having to remove the other three

Comment

I just used a five gallon bucket with a lid that Home Depot and Lowe’s sells. Works great!

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Diii-toe

• Nate
              Nate commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. The gamma lid.

I wonder if you can use dog kibble in the pellet grill?

Comment

• treesmacker
              treesmacker commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know, but I was thinking better keep the dog away from those pellets - might just get constipated.

I use the same type, but smaller, each holding a 20lb bag of pellets. I have more than one as I will use three different flavors of pellets. Inside each container I leave the pellet bag as a reminder which pellets are stored.

Comment

Saw something like that bu was concerned about the wheels...and then my father might have trouble with it.
              So I got him a bunch of the Buddeez Kingsford Kaddy in the 12lb size. Perfectly holds a 20lb bag of pellets.
              Then made some decals so could easily identify what was what...the "Misc" container gets the odd leftovers for a "custom" blend. LOL
              Click image for larger version

Name:	582F3648-77EC-47DA-BBA6-C6FA08E48B84.jpeg
Views:	629
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	723326

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                ComfortablyNumb commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd be proud to have a son who would do that for me, except the decal part as I would have to learn to read, and sideways at that. I'd prefer pictures, blonde, brunette, redhead, and black. Waist up, of course! ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here