Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Colour Me Skeptical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Colour Me Skeptical

This showed up as an ad in my FB feed. Cool looking unit, but for $198 and no branding? Hmmm...

Its $109 now. best.frtyusgf.com/products/square-of-cooking-area

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it may have been that price when I first clicked it as well. I blame my poor memory. :-)

$109.99 when I clicked on it

Comment

I'm thinking the difference is Canadian vs USD.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        That would make it about $83US

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        ComfortablyNumb - It's the other way around. Here in the US, we see $109USD. He's seeing $198CDN ... which is probably a combination of the cost ($142CDN) plus more expensive shipping.

Gets weirder. I just clicked through the But It Now option and it indicates free shipping. I find that really hard to believe. Though for $109 USD, I'm wondering if it would be worth a shot. :-)

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        Editing a comment
        If it's too good to be true.....

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks like the wheels are a hundred bucks & I don’t care Canadian or U.S..

"Heavy duty locking handles make it feel extremely high-quality." FEEL extremely high quality?? Odd phrasing...

Down to $109 now. Looks pretty flimsy to me. I'll let someone else take first crack at it and report back...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        not odd at all, nowadays, in online product descriptions, adverts. specs, etc.;I run across this (an note it) most every day.
        Simply poor translation, is what I chalk it up to.
        It's a given, that I'm Strange, but most times, I find th grammatic or syntactic mistranslations to be kinda entertainin...

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        You absolutely nailed it!

Caveat Emptor

Comment

I did some more searching and it appears to be a Louisiana Grills Champion, which has an MSRP of $1,899.99 USD!

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          I've DM'd Louisiana Grills over Twitter to let them know about this.

• ComfortablyNumb
          Editing a comment
          I'm sensing a colour change.....

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          If you look close, you can just barely make out the name "Louisiana" in one of the photos.

I was going to pass, but then I saw that a bottle opener was included...
        Last edited by RonB; July 13, 2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I, fer one, am Most Impressed with yer Prioritization, Good Sir!

Without a viable means, or method to open bottles, we are reduced to nuthin more than "Beer Admirers", vs.: "Beer Users" lol!!!

Probably the same Chinese factory that supplies Harbor Tools

Comment

Why is everyone so skeptical? It says "ultimate" grill. My WSM doesn't say "ultimate." Does yours???

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Point well made...
            I like th way ya rolled on this, amigo...

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            You sold me for sure!

Just be sure to provide all your credit card information, and while you are at it, throw in your mother’s maiden name.🙂

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            in order to bolster th above information, I'd haveta recommend givin em yer SSN, as well; speeds up th inevitable process that's bout to ensue...

It is a scam site. https://sheinreviews.com/frtyusgf/ Don't sweat the quality of the grill. You won't get anything delivered at all.

They simply STOLE the picture of the Louisiana Grills LG champion which sells for $1899 (see https://louisiana-grills.com/lg-champion-wood-pellet) and pretend to sell it cheap. You give them the cc number and they are gone to the races...

Click image for larger version

Name:	LGChampion_front_2018.png
Views:	176
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	713014

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            My thoughts exactly!!

• mnavarre
            mnavarre commented
            Editing a comment
            So, you're saying I'm not gonna get the three I ordered?

If it is legit the left a zero off of the price which was my first thought. Otherwise it is a scam of some kind. Let’s all keep our money.

Comment

So whose gonna send them $100 bucks to find out? Come on anyone, anyone, Bueller, anyone ?? 😂

Comment

• fracmeister
              fracmeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe Mr. Bones can do it and then when he gets his grill we all chip in and buy him some pellets>>>

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              fracmeister I'm all in on that plan, except fer One Thing...

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll bite, Mr. Bones put me in for $10CDN or $14USD
              Cheques in the mail

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here