Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New pellet pooper on Indiegogo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pellet pooper on Indiegogo

I took a peek at this, but since I'm not really interested in using pellets, I did not read the fine print. But I thought some here might be interested:

Grill, Smoke, Bake, Roast, Braise, Sear & BBQ. Auto pellet loading and digital temperature control. | Check out 'Z Grills: Affordable 7-in-1 Wood Pellet Grill' on Indiegogo.

Looks like a cheap non-PID controller

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      My first thought was that it is aimed at people who have no clue about smokin'.

I'm a big pellet grill fan, so I quickly followed the link. If you look close, the controller appears to be a black receptacle cover with vinyl decals, there's a screw loose below it, there's poorly cut gaffer tape over the pit probe wire on the top edge of the hopper the hopper, and the right side shelf appears to be anything but straight. It makes me wonder how much duct tape is inside holding it together.

Comment

Man.......this pellet market sure is getting crowded these days. For the most part, they all look the same. Usually with the same, thin construction.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        the one made by PitMaker seems to be of much heavier construction.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Let's hope so. texastweeter

The Meater of 2019?

Comment

Thank goodness for Fireboard and BBQ Guru.

Comment

Z Grills has a strange history. I thought they would have disappeared into the sunset by now, but they keep coming back.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed. 'Buy 1 get 1 free', or 'buy our grill and keep it for 2 yrs get your purchase price rebated.' Strange.

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee That was nuts. They aren't doing that crazy deal any longer to the best of my knowledge.

What a terrible marketing video. I also noticed the duct tape on the hopper.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here