Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citrus Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citrus Chicken

Cooked this on my GMG Jim Bowie. Marinated in EVOO, lime juice, honey, salt, and NM chili powder. Then 1 hour at 180, then 45 min at 350. Internal temp ~ 166. It's for the neighborhood 4th block party, if I can wait that long. I hope the pic came across ok, I'm an iOS knucklehead.
    Attached Files

Looks / sounds like some tasty yardbird, Brother!

Comment

Lookin' good to me.

Comment

Looked and sounded good. Probably don't have any leftovers

Comment

Love citrus chicken. Would you mind sharing the exact recipe and I'll share mine. Hope you had a happy 4th.

Comment

I had 8 lbs of skin on bone in thighs and legs. For the marinate: 8 tbsp EVOO, 1 cup of lime juice (too lazy to juice limes - i used Kroger's bottled juice), 1 tsp honey, 4 chopped garlic cloves, 1 tsp table salt with a pinch of pepper, and 2 tbsp NM chile powder, a blend I got from Savory Spice, Then 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro, leafs only. Whisked it togeher, and poured it over the chicken and refrigerated that for 2 hours. Then, instead of straight grilling, I used hickory pellets and smoked them at 180 for an hour.Then went to 350 and hit 165 internal temp in about 40 minutes. I flipped the thighs twice during the last stage. The only other thing I did was I found Traeger has a stand that will hold 12 legs upside down, it worked great. I'm not a sauce guy, I like the meat without it. That's it! Happy 4th back to you in the great state of North Carolina.

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the additional information. That chicken looks so delicious. I bet it disappeared quickly when you got it to the party.

Kathryn

• mountainsmoker
              mountainsmoker commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you will try later in the summer

Wow, those look great! Makes me hungry. Greetings from your neighbor in Central Oregon.

Comment

Look really good. Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleducky View Post
                ... The only other thing I did was I found Traeger has a stand that will hold 12 legs upside down, it worked great.
                I use this King Kooker one from Amazon :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Legs and Thighs 1.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	712664

Kathryn

Comment

Thank you much for the recipe. Got a 5lb bag of legs and thighs for next weekend.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here